• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Reserva SW

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!
I had a Tatuaje Reserva SW last night...if you can, get your hands on one and try it, it will not disappoint you in the least.
Construction: Cuban style triple cap and flawless, milk chocolate brown,silky wrapper.
Prelight: Aroma can be described as almost sweet/slight hint of floral
Draw: Perfect, hardly any effort to draw smoke (not loose)
Paired with: McCallan <sp?> Cask Strength scotch (another first, incredible stuff, another review all togther, thanks for the tip AVB ;) )
My experience: My buddy at my local B&M recomended this a while back, so i took him up on it last night.
This cigar starts off like a Monte #2, nutty, a little spice and earth flavors for the first 1/3. The second third progresses to a Cohiba Siglo flavor profile, little more spice, creamy,almost sweet tasting and smelling. The final third was hard for me to put a finger on, but it was one cigar I wish never ended.This cigar took 1.5 hrs. to nub, and i did nub it to the point of burnt finger tips. The finish is long and sweet, and remians om the pallet for hours (that is a good thing, makes me want another even more!)
My wife even commented on how great it smelled when i arrived home. (she usually knows when i smoke a strong one and comments on the smell).
Conclusion: 9 out of 10 (IMHO of course) To me this is as close to a good ISOM as you can get, wonderfull flavors and aromas, and perfectly constructed. I just wish the price tag was a little lower ($13.90 + tax was the price tag).

Great review Rob!

The Tatuaje's are some of the best N/Cs I have ever had. Too bad they are in limited production, difficult to find and little pricey.

But if you can get them :thumbs:

I also like the J21 Reserva!

Thanks for the review bro
~Mark

Nice review!! If you get a chance grab a couple of the Regios. I found the flavors a little more pronounced with the Regios than with the Reserva. The great thing about the Tatuaje line is that there is so much diversity and there is always something new to look forward to when playing around with the different sizes.

I am a big fan of the Tatuaje line, but I really feel the Reserva SW is no where near as good as the Cojonu 2003, that is truly a great cigar.

I learned that the Miami rolled Tatuaje is limited to 125 distributors, but there is a new DR rolled blend (red label).

Anyone tried one of the DRs???

Jim

I learned that the Miami rolled Tatuaje is limited to 125 distributors, but there is a new DR rolled blend (red label).

Jim
Hmmm, I'll try to stop in to my B&M tomorrow and check on this... (he's one of the 125 :thumbs: )

Jim

Realized that the new lines (Havana VI and Series P) are Nicaraguan made, not DR. Sorry for the mistake.

Jim

Back