• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje rolled with bailing twine?

jcritt

I was kicking back smoking a Tat after work this morning and it was actually quite enjoyable for the first 2/3 of the smoke. It started to get a funky smell to it after that and I decided to let the rest of it go. When it went out I pulled it apart and low and behold a fine chunk of what looks like strands of twine or tightly rolled hair. :angry: BLAAAAAACH!!!!!! How very disappointing.

....once I pulled about 4" of bright red nylon twine out of a Padron 3000.

I think what happens is that pieces of the cord / string / twine used to bale the leaf sometimes gets accidentally mixed in with the filler. Lousy quality control, to be sure, but I don't think its any more nefarious than that.

One theory - B.B.S.

Burning hair has a VERY distinct scent. If that's what it was, you would know right away; there would be no question about it.

bilder,

Were the hairs long and straight? Or short and curly? :laugh:

As BBS pointed out, these things sometimes happen. With so many cigars being rolled and sold, it's unlikely that 100% of them will be free of contaminants.

I've never pulled anything "strange" from a cigar, but wouldn't be surprised to find something at some point in the future.

You just smoked one of Pete's very rare "Hairy Cojonu" cigars :)

I once pulled a 1972 volkswagen thing out of a Puros Indios Chief....

I think what happens is that pieces of the cord / string / twine used to bale the leaf sometimes gets accidentally mixed in with the filler. Lousy quality control, to be sure, but I don't think its any more nefarious than that.

One theory - B.B.S.

I don't think Padron has lousy quality control, if one stick got through that was bad it can happen to anyone. I think Padron has some of the best quality control based on the consistency of the cigars from box to box.

One theory - B.B.S.

I don't think Padron has lousy quality control, if one stick got through that was bad it can happen to anyone. I think Padron has some of the best quality control based on the consistency of the cigars from box to box.

Look at you, Zee... Righteous Defender of all that is Padron!! :cool:

I think Tom was just making a point, not trying to bash Padron. I think most of us (including BBS) would agree that Padron has better than average quality control.

One theory - B.B.S.

I think Tom was just making a point, not trying to bash Padron. I think most of us (including BBS) would agree that Padron has better than average quality control.

I just had a Padron 1926 #2 maddie that was exactly like a LFD DL cigar. No chocolate taste...Just pure black pepper spice and let me tell you, that made it past Quality check. I snapped the cigar in half and got a LFD instead of smoking one that was pretending to be one. Granted I love the 1926 #2 maddie but now as a LFD DL cigar which doesn't work for it. :laugh:

One theory - B.B.S.

I just had a Padron 1926 #2 maddie that was exactly like a LFD DL cigar. No chocolate taste...Just pure black pepper spice and let me tell you, that made it past Quality check. I snapped the cigar in half and got a LFD instead of smoking one that was pretending to be one. Granted I love the 1926 #2 maddie but now as a LFD DL cigar which doesn't work for it. :laugh:

Don't make me come out there...

:laugh:

One theory - B.B.S.

I did it in front of OutlawSp. It was deinitely the worst quality controlled so called check padron I've ever had the misfortune to try. In fact...I didn't buy any other Padron after that. Horrible POS cigar. :angry: And I will tell Jorge right to his face when he comes to KC in May. :laugh:

One theory - B.B.S.

...exactly. My point, obviously not worded well, was that if it could happen to Padron, it could happen to anyone. I probably have more Padron in my humidors than any other single brand.

Regards - B.B.S.

One theory - B.B.S.

I did it in front of OutlawSp. It was deinitely the worst quality controlled so called check padron I've ever had the misfortune to try. In fact...I didn't buy any other Padron after that. Horrible POS cigar. :angry: And I will tell Jorge right to his face when he comes to KC in May. :laugh:

You're nothing to me now Peat. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't wanna know you or what you do. When you post in a thread I want to know a day in advance so I won't be there.

:sign:

One theory - B.B.S.

You're nothing to me now Peat. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't wanna know you or what you do. When you post in a thread I want to know a day in advance so I won't be there.

:sign:

Don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: