• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Verocu #9

lurch

I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.
Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu #9
Wrapper/Filler/Binder: Nicaragua
4.5" x 49

Pete describes this as a "Havana VI on steroids". I think he's right. Massive amounts of flavor to go with the massive amounts of smoke. This is a smaller smoke than I tend to smoke but anything by Pete/Pepin is good enough for me.

Started out with amazing flavor right off the bat. Burn was razor sharp with tons of smoke.

After the first third the burn faltered and I had to touch up. You can see in one of the inset that the ash got real flaky. Not sure what caused this mishap but I hope it doesn't occur after some rest time. All in all the flavors are still terrific.

Last third the stick got a little sour on me. Didn't have any tar build up and a purge didn't help so I tossed it with about 3/4" to go.

All in all this is a great 45 min. smoke. Tons of flavor and smoke. Construction is remarkable before lighting but needs some work towards the middle.

I'd give this a 6.5/10 only because of the sourness toward the end and the needed touch-up.

gallery_5704_381_1902.jpg

Sounds like a good smoke Mike. I think I may have to get one and give it a try. Hard to go wrong with a Tatuaje. Hows life in VA going?
B

Sounds like a good smoke Mike. I think I may have to get one and give it a try. Hard to go wrong with a Tatuaje. Hows life in VA going?
B

VA is ok. It sure isn't Texas though. I can't wait to get down there in July...

These appear to be different than the East/West Verocu, right? Is it a new size? I've only had the East Coast version but it's mighty tasty.

These appear to be different than the East/West Verocu, right? Is it a new size? I've only had the East Coast version but it's mighty tasty.

Definately a new size. If you look in the Cigar Lounge you'll find the Tatuaje Reference thread where the sizes are probably listed.

This size is a lot smaller...

Sounds interesting! What kinds of flavors did you get from this stick? It is a nice looking wrapper. Much smaller than the East/West #1/#2 versions, too. Had you smoked those? If so, how did it compare?

I heard this is a Holts exclusive. Did yours come from Holts? Too many questions, huh?!? :D

Steve

This is a Holt's exclusive. It was on sale last week for $99.95 a box instead of the regular price of $129.95.

It's been on my list to try for awhile now.I'm gonna pick one up this weekend.

I ordered my second box during the sale . . . couldn't pass up the price. I'm a bit ambivalent about dealing with Holt's after the Padilla debacle, I'll admit. But this is an amazing smoke.

~Boar

Great review! I smoked an East Coast a while back and it was fantastic. I didn't think this version available and Holt's could be the same blend.

Thanks man...

I haven't touched these in awhile but maybe I should given that I've had them for a couple months now...