• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje

What if it's the same strain, and seed, as what they were buying? Does that make it different tobacco?

Is first generation Cuban seed tobacco grown in Cuba the same as first generation Cuban seed grown in Mexico? Where is the only difference. Even opposite ends of the same plantation can produce very different leaves.

The way I read it, he's been buying the same type of tobacco from the same people but maybe the location that tobacco is grown has changed. If that's "different" for you and you don't like 'em now, so be it. I'd imagine Pete would have enough common sense to ensure the tobacco still meets his requirement regardless of whether the farm is changed.

I know I'm just adding to the speculation, though, since I don't know jack shit. Should probably just wait until Pete checks back in. :)

-John

I love Tats but even I was worried when I saw CI selling them... a broader audience sometimes means a muddled product.

And blends changing a bit year to year is normal in cigars.

Like wine its what makes trying a new batch of an old favorite brand exciting or disappointing depending on the luck of nature.

While I'd love to smoke an OR Red label, I won't lose any sleep over knowing it "could" taste better to me than the current one. I smoked a red label yesterday, and it was absolutely delicious. :love:

The way I read it, he's been buying the same type of tobacco from the same people but maybe the location that tobacco is grown has changed. If that's "different" for you and you don't like 'em now, so be it.

That's what I was trying to get at. We agree on something for once. :laugh:

It is good to actually see some thought out debate. It is a nice change from 6th graders standing in the background yelling "Man he really spanked you!" Posts like those are what have many spending less time in this place.