• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tax Time.........aarrgggghh

pdeleone

After doing my taxes and waiting till the last minute to figure out how to PAY. Wife convinced me with some fustration on my part to redo them and start over........................though cigars would have to wait. Some how instead of owing over 1 grand, seems like we'll be getting a big chunk back. Ok she was right...................please dont tell her.

now to figure out how to get some of that money for some sticks :rolleyes:

Paul

ps, first topic to start, glad is aved it for good news

I got 1700 back and some of that will go directly to sticks, I hope but probably not being there a some bling bling I must get my gf of 5 years.

Edit: sorry to tread jack

Looks like I shorted the Feds by about $60K :( And, sadly, my CPA is swamped so the return will be late and there'll be penalties and interest on top of that. :angry: Unfortunately, the P&I is my fault because personal things were more important than worrying about W2s, 1099s, and bank statements, so I delayed getting all the info to them. :whistling: Never a dull moment.... I just wish my cigar habit was deductible. :)

I just wish my cigar habit was deductible. :)

I know, but really started back up after the first of the year so no real deductions, now this year..................shhh.

Maybe a business expence, and R&D...........cant offer a BOTL a bad stick :laugh:

Paul

ps, sorry to here about your owing, really sucks

edit to add ps

I shorted Uncle Sam about 400 bucks. I guess its nice to know I was up on him $400, atleast until today! The shorter half on the other hand has gotten some serius money back! Since i did her taxes for her, i think there is a fee of some kind coming her way.

I shorted Uncle Sam about 400 bucks. I guess its nice to know I was up on him $400, atleast until today! The shorter half on the other hand has gotten some serius money back! Since i did her taxes for her, i think there is a fee of some kind coming her way.

you would think a 5er or something

if your cpa is too busy to even file and extension for you, you should find a new cpa...

Looks like I shorted the Feds by about $60K :( And, sadly, my CPA is swamped so the return will be late and there'll be penalties and interest on top of that. :angry: Unfortunately, the P&I is my fault because personal things were more important than worrying about W2s, 1099s, and bank statements, so I delayed getting all the info to them. :whistling: Never a dull moment.... I just wish my cigar habit was deductible. :)

if your cpa is too busy to even file and extension for you, you should find a new cpa...

The extensions are being filed; that's not an issue. It's that the returns won't be on time. If I hadn't had family-related issues of a higher priority, I'd've had forms and data to them sooner and there'd be no need for extensions. :(

My tax return is going to pay off some furniture the wife bought some months ago, but the economic stimulus check that the President is sending out is definitely going to cigars. :D

I have no idea about taxes LOL. My Dad still takes care of mine....I wonder if I'm getting anything back??

I spent so much time in Kansas last year that my company reported my "Kansas" income to the state of Kansas and I had to pay state income tax to Kansas even though I live in Florida. I filed last week ($350) and asked the company to reimburse me since, in my mind it is a business expense...they are "reviewing" my request.

On the plus side, I'll be in Kansas City for the Fuente event at the Outlaw!