• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tear in boveda pack and contents leaked onto cigars

TexEagle

Okay everybody…I’m embarrassed and ashamed to admit but somehow I have a boveda pack with a tear in it. I’m a dumb ass because I know they should never touch cigars. But I have two in my coolerdor not placed in a holder and they lay on the side of the shelf or on top gently. I just noticed one of my olmec’s was weird when I went to smoke it. Went and pulled out the drawer and quite a few without cello have a gel on them. The cello sticks seem okay but tried to wipe with paper towels and the stuff is gooey. Should throw away the cello and keep the sticks. Two rails of the shelf have the goo on it. Left it out of the coolerdor for now. Minor little crisis going on over here. Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

Remove the goo as best you can, then take the cellophane off of the affected sticks and segregate them.

No worries.
Thanks a million for the response sir. Had a meltdown for a few minutes but wanted to make sure I’m not throwing away the coolerdor. The shelf with the wetness of the goo on it? Obviously it’s sitting out. Should I do something about it or let it soak in for a few days out of the coolerdor? Then put it back in? Or clean it with anything besides water? Throw it away and buy a new shelf? I guess that’s the way. Okay I just figured this out as I typed. lol.
At the end of the day if this is a crisis to me I guess I need to realize the blessings of life and keep it moving. Puff, I owe you for the therapy session here bud! 👍

As I understand it, the 'goo' is basically salt and water. Scrub it up with distilled water, life goes on.

Edited to add search results; "....Each Boveda packet consists of a specially prepared saturated solution of pure water and natural salt. This saturated solution is contained within a water-vapor permeable reverse osmosis membrane...."

More; "....What are the ingredients in the Boveda pack? INGREDIENTS: Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent...."

Last edited:
As I understand it, the 'goo' is basically salt and water. Scrub it up with distilled water, life goes on.

Edited to add search results; "....Each Boveda packet consists of a specially prepared saturated solution of pure water and natural salt. This saturated solution is contained within a water-vapor permeable reverse osmosis membrane...."

More; "....What are the ingredients in the Boveda pack? INGREDIENTS: Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent...."
Isn't salt on the flavor wheel?:rolleyes:

I’ve almost smoked all the salvageable ones. Maybe three left. And I haven’t grown a second head, third eye, or anything abnormal…yet. I’ve felt relatively normal after smoking them except that one time I had that one extra bourbon.

Did you consulate your flavor wheel and pick up a hint of saltine cracker?