• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ted Kennedy RIP

Do I have to answer that?

No, 'cause then we'd get all political and stuff....

Oh, so many thoughts. I'm in the same boat as sonuvabum so I'll respectively say, RIP and condolences to his family.

I don't have a problem saying I thought he was a good man.

Baggage? Yes, but who doesn't?

Of course I'm a Liberal SOB.

Heard the news over the radio on my way in to work this morning. Warts, flaws, baggage, scandals and all, he was still a great and profoundly influential man . . . and indeed, his passing is truly the end of an era.

There's a passage from the Havamal (12th century Icelandic poetry) I've always liked that seems appropriate here:

Cattle die, kinsmen die
We ourselves die too.
One thing I know that doesn't die
The fame of each man's deeds.

Farewell, Teddy. May your ancestors, and your brothers, welcome you warmly into their bright company.

~Boar

Who would think you could say to much (as Not a Nice Person) just did, in 21 words. Excellent tribute.

I would have never that that seeing that young, good looking JFK in 1958 would be so dynamic and leave such a lasting impression as his family has done. For me, that is 50 years of memories. Where indeed does the time go; and have we spent that time wisely?

Your brothers, mom & dad welcome your Teddy.

Requiescat in pace