• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Teens Turning to Cigars

This was all on the news here in Mass last night. They say that Cigs are to expensive and teens are turning to cigars.

I cant see them buying expensive Habanos. But they are buying the flavored cheepies available at local B&Ms and stores. If they start this way this will only lead to a percentage of them becoming avid cigar smokers.

the guy at my local shop said he sells more flavored cigars than just about anything. the teens buy 'em up faster than he can sell them.

drew estates gets a bad rap here from most of us, but i have to give them credit. they are genius in their product and the way they market to that demographic. they directly play to the 18-24 year old who wants to look cool, but cant stomach a "real" cigar.

How many teens a just using a better cigar to roll blunts? No more White owls or Phillies

I can see some politician harping on this one already...f'in great, here come the taxes!!! Didn't we do something about taxes in Boston harbor a few hundred years ago ? :p

Rob_k said:
Didn't we do something about taxes in Boston harbor a few hundred years ago ? :p
[snapback]255667[/snapback]​

The Boston cigar herf of 2005!! :thumbs: :laugh:

They are smoking cigars? i want to know exactly what they are smoking. I cant see a teenager dropping $10 on a cigar. Hell, a $5 cigar would still be costly. Just another one sided so called research study. They also INHALE cigar smoke. Hmmm...I've tried that and it nearly killed me from coughing so much. And they are surveying teenagers in High School which are not legal to smoke in the first place. Yeah yeah...They are going to do whatever they want so why should we, as the actual consumers be punished because teenagers ruin everything? So the question they should be addressing is why do they have such easy access to any smokes in the first place. Buying in shops and probably online. :whistling:

loanshark said:
How many teens a just using a better cigar to roll blunts? No more White owls or Phillies
[snapback]255664[/snapback]​
it doesn't work. the wrapper falls apart on real cigars

Drake said:
loanshark said:
it doesn't work. the wrapper falls apart on real cigars
[snapback]255680[/snapback]​

I can confirm this ???

Mr Peat said:
They are smoking cigars? i want to know exactly what they are smoking. I cant see a teenager dropping $10 on a cigar. Hell, a $5 cigar would still be costly. Just another one sided so called research study. They also INHALE cigar smoke. Hmmm...I've tried that and it nearly killed me from coughing so much. And they are surveying teenagers in High School which are not legal to smoke in the first place. Yeah yeah...They are going to do whatever they want so why should we, as the actual consumers be punished because teenagers ruin everything? So the question they should be addressing is why do they have such easy access to any smokes in the first place. Buying in shops and probably online.  :whistling:
[snapback]255677[/snapback]​

I was wondering the same thing myself, "why do they have such easy access to any smokes in the first place?"

CA has the 18 years and older smoking law, do other states have this age restriction as well?. Of course, we still have that dang 46% to deal with as well.

:cool:

the day I see teens smoking cigars here in Finland I'll quit smoking cigars :laugh: :laugh:

I used to pull about $500 to $800 tax free in a week as a teenager, then again I worked my ass off (mowing lawns, selling firewood, shoveling snow, cleaning pools + working as a busboy/dishwasher). Teens don't live by allowance alone.

So money really isnt the problem.

loanshark said:

One of the younger cigar reps says her friends try that all the time and she keeps tell them it won't work.

Black and milds (for example) contain elements of cardboard, which is I would think they'd be easier to "hollow" out.

Let's just stop the drug talk though, gets me thinking about politics

It is sad to say that many of the younger cigar smokers I see at my shop smoke flavored cigars. I actually gave a guy a Short Story so he would stop smoking an Acid near me, and I had to beg him to smoke it. Yet on the other hand there was an young punky looking kid smoking a 26 #35 at the same time. Maybe there is hope.

As to answer the question on if teens smoke cigars, I say yes. I started smoking premium cigars at 16. First good smoke was and Indios and I didn't look back.

Another BS report to blackball all tobacco users. Why is there no report asking about the sales of alchopops which definatly introduce kids to alchohol in a much more consumable manner. Oh well, I guess we can just brace for the crack down that is coming.

Even so, he added, "most experts would agree that cigar smoking is clearly not less dangerous than cigarette smoking."
:sign:
(what expert?? i would say that cigars are less dangerous. Considering i personally dont inhale, and dont know of many that do, i cant see how they drew this conclusion. Especially, when cigarette manufacturer ADD AMMONIA to tobacco to enhance to speed at which nicotine hits the lungs for a quick buzz. Do they ever think of talking to cigarette makers and how they bump up the nicotone? I will take my leaf raw, untreated, fermented, and hand rolled.

"Once that happens, does it matter which tobacco product youth are addicted to?" she said. "In this respect, the possibility exists that a youth could start smoking cigars, become addicted, and later use cigarettes. "

and of course, next is crack cocaine :sign:

Yeah you know that feeling after you smoked a PAM, you wanna go hit on that rock pipe....

tyrone.jpg

Pretty soon we are all going to be like this guy. Riding away on that Red Ball Express!!! Choo choo!!!

mmm peanut butter and CRACK sandwhich!

That's a stupid article. If they were going to be dicks and go after teen tobacco use, dipping is clearly the tobacco product of choice among high school age males. If they are saying 17% smoke cigars, I think it is more likely they HAVE SMOKED cigars, like on a special occasion.