• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Telescope Help

cohibasurfer

one day older than dirt
Anyone know anything about telescopes. If somebody wants to get into looking at the planets. What's the basics to look for when buying a pretty good one.

Any help appreciated..

Michael, I can't guide you in selecting a telescope but I can tell you that I used to spend a lot of time looking at the moon with mine.

I set it up on my deck and was fascinated by how the moon would pass through in about 2 seconds at 200X, and how someone walking in my house would make the image shake like an earthquake.

Good luck!

Let me know if you find any of the junk we supposedly left on the moon.😁

LOL Jeff😋 yeah.... I want to see if Fred and Lamont have set up shop on the Moon.
Give me a decent starter set up that can be grown into. It's not actually for me, but the person that wants one, wants to see Saturn. LOL. Does it cost much to see Saturn....LOL! Tell me no... it's really not to bad.

It’s all about the lenses. I used to work with a guy who was really into it, and he was always buying stuff to upgrade his setup, I’m sure from private owners who were also upgrading. I’m sure there are forums with many classified ads in them. I’d start there because I’d bet just about anything there is better than low cost store bought stuff that’s brand new.

If I remember right, these guys get into that stuff probably more than we get into cigars! Lol

Have a gander here old boy. It's basically the CP of telescopes.

Ideally you want to start relatively cheap/simple. Something like a 6 to 8" refractor. Easy to move/use and store. Many on stargazers will recommend starting out with a good pair of binoculars.

Blah, blah, blah...

Where the hell ya been man?? Just too busy putting a dent in your newfound stogie bounty?
💣💨💨💨😁 (you smoking a big bomb!)

Seriously.. hope your absence was just from ordinary life stuffs and nothing serious.

Good to see you back.. don't be a stranger! 👍

France banned the sell or purchase of tabacco online. Impossible to get sticks now being a non driver.

I finished off the bomb sticks many months ago 😂 they dont last long at 2-3 daily!