• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Television Advice

Nice_Ashh

My basic 32" RCA tube TV died on me last night after 8 years give or take. Given my budget, I am looking at either another 27"-32" tube TV, or a 20" LCD TV.

Just looking for a few opinions as to which you gents would go with. Thank you.

Eric

Having just gone through a similar scenario I can tell you that tube TVs are getting VERY hard to find. The new ones with built in digital tuners are showing up at places like Wal-Mart and the like for not much money, but they are usually about 20" models or so.

I bit the bullet and bought a 42" Panasonic Plasma (it wasn't that tough of a bullet to bite :) ). There are a lot of choices out there, I would guess at the smaller size, about any LCD is going to give you an acceptable picture, but I don't know. I didn't look at TVs that small.

Good luck!

No more tube TVs in your future. Many good LCD options out there. What price point are you looking for?

No more tube TVs in your future. Many good LCD options out there. What price point are you looking for?

I am trying to stay under $400. Not much to work with when it comes to choosing a TV :laugh:.

You might be surprised what you can get at wal-mart for $400. I bought a flat sceen to hang on my wall in my bedroom a year or so ago it sure has a good picture for the money.

Sams Club 20" Vizio LCD

0085738000104_LG.jpg

there are some lcd's around that price not jumbo screen but you can check things like tigerdirect.com or a BJ's/Costco/Sam's Club
my friend got his 15inch from sears for lilke 200 and that was 2yrs ago

19-20" is what you get under $400. Try to look at K-Mart, Target, Sears, Best Buy and Circuit City. I would go to one of the stores, sometimes they have returns or floor samples for a good buy. Good luck, let us know what you end up with.

Do realize that in order to get the same 32" size 4:3 picture on a new widescreen TV you'll need to get at least a 39" widescreen. The same size 27" picture will require a 33" widescreen. Standard definition TV is almost all in 4:3. You can stretch it to fit, but it will be slightly distorted depending on the method used. A 20" widescreen will give you about the equivalent of a 16" screen in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Just some info for you.

Do realize that in order to get the same 32" size 4:3 picture on a new widescreen TV you'll need to get at least a 39" widescreen. The same size 27" picture will require a 33" widescreen. Standard definition TV is almost all in 4:3. You can stretch it to fit, but it will be slightly distorted depending on the method used. A 20" widescreen will give you about the equivalent of a 16" screen in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Just some info for you.

Thank you for the info. It is much appreciated.

I my self own a 42" Sony Bravia LCD that is a beautiful TV and you can hook your computer up to it. Vizio is also good and reasonable I purchased one for my girlfriend and have had no problems. You can purchase alot of LCD TV's at wholesale clubs at a good price.