• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tell Tell Signs of being too wet?

cvmfour

When I was at the tobacconist last week I smoked an Onyx Reserve while I was there. I bought one before I left and put it in my humi. It has only been in there for about 5 days. Here are some symptoms I was experiencing when I smoked it today:

1. The draw was not easy. I had to puff twice real quick, then puff a long time before smoke would come through.

2. It never actually went out, but it felt like it was. There was hardly any smoke coming out of the end (that was lit).

3. When I looked at the cigar before I lit it, I noticed it was real dark brown but was light brown around the veins (almost like a reverse shadow?).

I really loved this cigar when I smoked it at my tobacconist. But now I'm not a big fan of it I hope it wasn't the cigar and it was too wet. Is it too wet? If so, do I need to "dry box" my smokes a couple of days before I smoke them?
Thanks guys

Cliff

Tell tale signs... uneven burn, tunneling, canoeing, the center wont burn as fast as the wrapper. It might taste bitter, harsh, sour, or crappy. Wet cigars usually feel spongey. Sometimes they go out in the middle for no apparent reason. Other tell tale signs are they just arrived in a purchase through the mail. Or if your cigar store just got a new shipment in.

Emo