• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Temp control for tupperdore

wilddul

Anyone have a way to warm tupperdore in the winter. Mine is staying around 59-60 degrees and I’m not sure that’s optimal for aging.
I was thinking about maybe a heat pad underneath.

thx

Anyone have a way to warm tupperdore in the winter. Mine is staying around 59-60 degrees and I’m not sure that’s optimal for aging.
I was thinking about maybe a heat pad underneath.

thx
Is that what your house is at?

I’d think that is fine for aging. I do have to say that if you have concerns with the optimal storage conditions of your tupperdore that you need to rethink your method of aging cigars. Perhaps it’s time to invest real money and get some legit next level kind of storage.

1. I dont see any problem with 60 degrees.

2. Is that the warmest part of your basement?

3. Tuperdor congers up an image of "small". How about a closet floor?

Well, the "happy" temperature range for sticks is 60-70, so.... they should be smiling at you. Perhaps on a shelf off the floor or maybe on top of the dryer?

find room, I wouldn't try any sort of heating
I completely agree with avoiding any heating. I also agree that 60 seems fine for aging. Assuming your humidity is good, the only thing I’d worry much about is sunlight working its evil on things. Clear plastic plus direct sunlight will create weird moisture changes.

Microwave.

Jk. Do you have any electronics down there? Old TV, mini fridge, lamp? Get them nearer. But be careful as you don't have much wiggle room going higher... especially if the basement is dank. Any room on top of your main fridge toward the back?

Microwave.

Jk. Do you have any electronics down there? Old TV, mini fridge, lamp? Get them nearer. But be careful as you don't have much wiggle room going higher... especially if the basement is dank. Any room on top of your main fridge toward the back?
I would avoid any artificial heat source which would be inconsistent.

There is nothing wrong with 60 degrees.

Thx for all the replies. RH is constant at 63 degrees. If 60 is good ill leave be.
I have a temperature control unit I used to use to keep a chest feeezer a constant temp for beer brewing. Set the desired temp and it cycled power switch either on or off. I was thinking of trying that with a heat pad.
But maybe Im over thinking it.

Thx for all the replies. RH is constant at 63 degrees. If 60 is good ill leave be.
I have a temperature control unit I used to use to keep a chest feeezer a constant temp for beer brewing. Set the desired temp and it cycled power switch either on or off. I was thinking of trying that with a heat pad.
Yeah, I think 60 degrees is fine and I would definately NOT try to do anything artificial. Consistency is far more important than a specific temperature IMHO.

I agree with everyone’s comments (except for the microwave 😂)

If it’s just during the winter, there will be no detrimental effects.

The lower temperature will slow down the chemical reactions and slightly lengthen process of aging, but that’s not always a bad thing.

If you are going for aging, I'd bump that RH up. Those are rookie numbers. :p You want to be closer to 70-72 for long-term storage, and then dry box down to 60-62 for smoking.

Put it in the highest point you you can. Temps will go up a few degrees. You could even build a small shelf for it to get it higher. John

Okay, I can't believe nobody has asked the obvious!

Tupperdor conjures up an image of a handful of cigars. Just how many cigars do you smoke and how long are you looking to age them?:)

Just messin with ya! I hope you find the right solution.

Okay, I can't believe nobody has asked the obvious!

Tupperdor conjures up an image of a handful of cigars. Just how many cigars do you smoke and how long are you looking to age them?:)

Just messin with ya! I hope you find the right solution.
Yes I thought of this....exactly.......I just didn't want to be a DICK and ask!