• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Temps..

Nocturnus

So few days back I was looking at my cooler and noticed it was sitting at 75f/70%. I thought I had my cooler in the coolest spot in the apt (bedroom closet), but with the temps getting warmer outside it seem's that I can't cool my place down at all. Any tips for cooling a cooler. I'm trying to avoid buying a Vinotemp just due to the fact that I've cut my smoking habit back a while bunch. Another member suggested I do the fridge/freezer method just to kill off any bad guys.

It's a 70 quart Xtreme cooler, no fans inside and using rH beads.

So few days back I was looking at my cooler and noticed it was sitting at 75f/70%. I thought I had my cooler in the coolest spot in the apt (bedroom closet), but with the temps getting warmer outside it seem's that I can't cool my place down at all. Any tips for cooling a cooler. I'm trying to avoid buying a Vinotemp just due to the fact that I've cut my smoking habit back a while bunch. Another member suggested I do the fridge/freezer method just to kill off any bad guys.

It's a 70 quart Xtreme cooler, no fans inside and using rH beads.

Take a look around...this question has been answered.

The short...you can ice it or get an A/C.

I suppose if you could find a larger cooler that yours could fit in you could sit it in the larger one and surround it in ice. It sounds like a pain but imo it's worth it. I guess it would just be easier just to put a bag of ice in your cooler but I'm trying to avoid condensing your humidity. My small humidor was overheating and I found a flat water jug and I filled it with water and ice and sat my humidor on top and it seemed to help a bit (4 or 5F).
Though if it's too cold it will condense some of your humidity in your humidor I have noticed.

Go get a big block of dry Ice, stick it in a bowl and put it on top of your coolidor inside your closet. You could even put a little bit of it in your cooler if you have time to watch the temp and sit with it for a bit. Experiment with that and see...

Go get a big block of dry Ice, stick it in a bowl and put it on top of your coolidor inside your closet. You could even put a little bit of it in your cooler if you have time to watch the temp and sit with it for a bit. Experiment with that and see...

But be careful about how much you put inside, and make sure there isn't a perfect seal. If you do you might end up with shredded tobacco bits.

LINKY

I would not put dry ice into your humidor, that's just asking for trouble. Get a window AC unit or a vinotemp, that's the only reasonable option i think. Changing out packs of ice and dealing with that stuff is going to be a pain in the ass after a few weeks/months.

Also unless you have a remote thermometer or some way of checking the temperature without opening the lid you will let in more hot air when you open the lid continuously to remove/check the dry ice, not to mention the build up of gas in the cooler when the ice sublimates (probably not enough to explode it but who knows what adverse effects could happen).

A decent window AC unit can be had for under $100, you'll spend that much on dry ice over the summer.