• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tequila Question

Mike33

I've started to really get into trying some nicer tequila. I've got a bottle of Patron Anejo that I tried without a mixer, and even on ice and some water to cut it, it wasn't much of a sipper :laugh: .

So, my question is, is there anything good to mix with a glass of anejo tequila? Or, should I just suck it up and quit being a pussy?

I've started to really get into trying some nicer tequila. I've got a bottle of Patron Anejo that I tried without a mixer, and even on ice and some water to cut it, it wasn't much of a sipper :laugh: .

So, my question is, is there anything good to mix with a glass of anejo tequila? Or, should I just suck it up and quit being a pussy?

;)

Ditto. It would be a sin to add a mix a quality tequila. Keep in mind it takes awhile to acquire a tast for potable kerosene.

Doc.

Tequila that is "Anejo" is not meant to be mixed or put in a shooter. They are more complexed and are to be sipped. I am not a big fan of aged or "Anejo" Tequila it tends to have a "burnt" after taste from all the time spent in the oak barrels. If you want a super smooth sipping or shooting tequila, I recommend Corralejo it comes in 3 variaties but the hands down best is the "Reposado" (it comes in a tall narrow Cobalt Blue bottle) it does not have the harsh alcoholic bite that young silver Tequila has or the over oaked flavor of Anejo. I am of Mexican descent and I have given Corralejo to and one all and of my friends when we drink Tequila and have converted them all to this gem. I wish the owners of the brand could read this and hire me as a spokesperson, any way hope you try and you like Cheers! ;)

-Edit: For punctuation.

Dump it and your drain will be clean for the next six months and all those enzymes in your septic system will be happy since they are used to eating crap.

Tequila that is "Anejo" is not meant to be mixed or put in a shooter. They are more complexed and are to be sipped. I am not a big fan of aged or "Anejo" Tequila it tends to have a "burnt" after taste from all the time spent in the oak barrels. If you want a super smooth sipping or shooting tequila, I recommend Corralejo it comes in 3 variaties but the hands down best is the "Reposado" (it comes in a tall narrow Cobalt Blue bottle) it does not have the harsh alcoholic bite that young silver Tequila has or the over oaked flavor of Anejo. I am of Mexican descent and I have given Corralejo to and one all and of my friends when we drink Tequila and have converted them all to this gem. I wish the owners of the brand could read this and hire me as a spokesperson, any way hope you try and you like Cheers! ;)

Totally agree with you bro :thumbs:

I prefer resposado over anjeo as well. Although I have never tried Corralejo, I am going to hunt it out this week! Thanks for the tip.

I do like Don Julio anejo though.

~M

Totally agree with you bro :thumbs:

I prefer resposado over anjeo as well. Although I have never tried Corralejo, I am going to hunt it out this week! Thanks for the tip.

I do like Don Julio anejo though.
~M
Anytime Mark, Don Julio is an exceptional Tequila as well if you or any of the other B/SOTL has trouble finding it hit me up and I can arrange a "meeting" between you and smooth Corralejo... ;)

To try and take the edge off,

Shake with ice, strain over fresh ice.

If that is not enough, try a few drops of fresh squeezed orange juice.

Patron anejo is much too good to add grenadine and make sunrises.

It's all personal taste when it comes to tequila. You got one Mexican in this thread that likes Corralejo, and this one likes Don Julio :cool:
I prefer blanco tequilas. Always chilled, NEVER to be mixed with the silly ritual of splashing salt on yourself and sucking on a lime/lemon :p

Just some friendly advice....don't start your tequila career drinking Cuervo products. That stuff is dogshit.

Patron, Don Julio, Corralejo, El Tosoro, and Corazon are all decent starter tequilas you can pick up for under $50

If you find yourself in a tequila bar and you got $30 bucks to blow on a shot, go for Herradura Seleccion Suprema. Best stuff you'll ever taste. Or you can splurge and pick a bottle up south of the border for about $250 a bottle.

Remember:

No lime
No salt
No cuervo

:thumbs:

Never having seen a tequila that costs $250 and priding myself on finding pretty good booze prices I looked into this the Herradura Seleccion Suprema mentioned. $295 plus tax or delivery was the best I came up with. I'm going to have to take a look at one of these next time I 'm in Park Avenue Liquors or Shoppers Vineyard. I'm not going to buy it but I gotta at least see it.

Just some friendly advice....don't start your tequila career drinking Cuervo products. That stuff is dogshit.

Yea, I learned that in college :laugh: .

I've had several different types of Reposado tequila and so far, it is my favorite type. Never had Don Julio, will look into getting that. My favorite so far was Cabo Wabo, don't know what anyone else thinks, but it was pretty damn smooth.

I ended up pouring out some more of the Patron Anejo last night over a couple of ice cubes and some a couple of splashes of water, and it was a lot smoother. No real bit and some of the vanilla and oak flavors came out.

Thanks for the tips!

Never having seen a tequila that costs $250 and priding myself on finding pretty good booze prices I looked into this the Herradura Seleccion Suprema mentioned. $295 plus tax or delivery was the best I came up with. I'm going to have to take a look at one of these next time I 'm in Park Avenue Liquors or Shoppers Vineyard. I'm not going to buy it but I gotta at least see it.

Ahh remember I said south of the border it was $250 ;)

$295 is the best I've heard of in the states. They had a bottle at the local bevmo when I live in San Jose for $400 :0

If nothing else it's worth trying a shot :)

While in Cabo I was reacquainted with Porfidio Anejo at Hemmingways Cigar & tequila lounge. haven't had any for 10 plus years and forgot how smooth and tasty it is. Very nice caramel and oak flavors.

$295 is the best I've heard of in the states. They had a bottle at the local bevmo when I live in San Jose for $400 :0

suck it up and quit being a pussy?
Yes, I know this is three months old, but I must reiterate this point. And if you don't have $300 to blow on a bottle, go for some Herradura Anejo. $50-60ish, and it's my tequilla of choice.

One of my coworkers is Hispanic and he has tried to teach me the ways of tequila. I have found that the Don Julio's can be very nice. Herradura was spectacular. There was a Tres Generacions that was very good also. Can remember the specifics.

The mixtos (less than 100% blue agave sucha as some Sauzas/Cuervos) are for mixing marqaritas and fufu drinks. The 100% blue agave is meant to be a sipping tequila. My friend said that if I went over to his familias house and used 100% agave tequila in a mixed drink I would be shot on site :laugh:

I believe the reposado is an aged tequila. It has to be stored between 6 months to a year. This aging helps to take away the sharpness of the tequila, making it smoother. Tequila aged over 1 year is the Anejo. As some others have said, it is supposed to be smoother tasting, but has picked up a lot of other flavors from the aging. Try a nice reposado and you may have what you are looking for....

Quade

I recommend Corralejo it comes in 3 variaties but the hands down best is the "Reposado" (it comes in a tall narrow Cobalt Blue bottle) it does not have the harsh alcoholic bite that young silver Tequila has or the over oaked flavor of Anejo.
I've never had Corralejo, but I'll definitely have to give it a try! I do agree with you that Reposado is much smoother than the anejo and silver varieties and is what I usually reach for when choosing tequila.

My favorite so far was Cabo Wabo, don't know what anyone else thinks, but it was pretty damn smooth.

My sentiments exactly! I love Cabo Wabo and is one of my favorites. It is so smooooooooth. :rolleyes:

Personally I really like the Anejo, in particular the single barrel. The Milagro is very good.

Doug

While in Cabo I was reacquainted with Porfidio Anejo at Hemmingways Cigar & tequila lounge. haven't had any for 10 plus years and forgot how smooth and tasty it is. Very nice caramel and oak flavors.