• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Texas Hold 'em Tourney Poker Coming Soon

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Due to popular request, Texas Hold 'Em is coming to CP!

We're not betting for real money, rather for cigars. We will have an info/rules sheet up on the site soon.

If you are interested in playing, the fee is $5/month. This helps to cover the cost of the additional server needed. There will be more info to come, so stay tuned.

We will start with one 10 seat tourney table. If this really takes off we will increase tables.

Just to get an idea as to how many people are interested, please post if you plan on signing up.

Thanks,
Rod

wow.
this is cool.
i waw gonna say we need a poker room,.

how is this going to be played? Some custom poker software or something?

Anyhoot. In!

I'm in, but only if it's played on Mon. thru Wed. A weekend workday that gets me home at 2200 on Sat and 2000 on Sun makes it a little difficult to get in on a game that starts in any time zone but Pacific or Mountain. :D

Great idea, Rod!! :thumbs:

I'd like to be in, but I'll need to see a schedule first.

Eric

I am in...

I tossed and turned all night last night thinking about this. I'd like to host a tourney when this gets set up. I haven't worked out all the details yet, but the basics go like this:

Buy in: $20 - $25 worth of smokes (no rockets)

Pay out:

If we have 4 - 6 players:
2nd place - keeps their smokes
1st place - gets smokes from 3rd - 6th place

If we have 7 - 10 players:
3rd place - keeps their smokes
2nd place - gets 4th place smokes
1st place - gets smoke from 5th - 10th place

Probably do this on a Friday or Saturday night (sorry Psyktek) at 7pm PT/10pm ET

I'll post add'l details later as we get closer to this becoming a reality. In the meantime, feelfree to offer suggestions or ideas for how this could be a good tourney.

I believe that you could set up a game whenever you wanted. You would not have to follow a set schedule

Fast4Dr said:
I believe that you could set up a game whenever you wanted. You would not have to follow a set schedule
[snapback]163234[/snapback]​
If that's the case, then I'm definitely in. I've been playing poker regularly now for about 6 years, and can usually be found in a sit 'n go tourney over at PartyPoker. Texas Hold 'Em is my game of choice. It's weird how we now seem to be experiencing a "Poker Boom" much like the cigar boom of the mid-90's. This sounds like it's gonna be fun!

Eric

No set schedule is needed, play whenever you want. I'm also going to add on a new forum section for host's to plan games. Kind of how the passes work... Someone will host a game and participants will sign up.

You can even add scheduled games to our already existing calendar (on the forums).

im playing right now on pokerparty.net N/L 100,000 buy in's :) come join me...alexgtp

Im definately IN!

Great suggestion, whomever it was :whistling:

When this is up and running I will be setting up a Hold'Em for Habanos. I will purchase 10 boxes of habanos. Entry will be 1/10 of the total cost. Winner takes all :thumbs:

Fast4Dr said:
When this is up and running I will be setting up a Hold'Em for Habanos. I will purchase 10 boxes of habanos. Entry will be 1/10 of the total cost. Winner takes all :thumbs:
[snapback]163340[/snapback]​

Nice! :)