• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thank you Tim .... AKA..... AKPreacher

cohibasurfer

one day older than dirt
1617137864957.png1617137967588.png
1617137944401.png1617137929417.png1617137889804.png
A package showed up at my mailbox across town a few days ago. I couldn't get there to get it until today. It was from AKPreacher. I asked him how I could get ahold of some of those Donkey Droppings he was showing and well... being a true BoTL he contacted me for my address. He sent me a nice little package containing a couple along with a few great Cubans and an older Rojas. Not sure what the little dark one is... but I'm sure it will be fun. Tim... thank you so much brother. I'll be sending a little something back your way to show my appreciation. Cigarpass rocks because of brothers like Tim. Again... thank you ... thank you ...thank you.

Can you explain why? I was rather proud of his end. Remember i've been hanging out on facebook opening packages live on camera. So a little bit of enlightenment would go along way with that scolding .... bully. 😎

C/P'd from a searched post.

SamClemmons said:

Am I the only one that has issues with people saying exactly what was sent to them or what they sent? I think this is bad form. There was a time here and elsewhere when folks simply voiced there appreciation for an unexpected "bomb" by saying thank you and then qualifying their thank you with things like... I am floored . . . You were way to generous . . . I can never repay you . . . Are you insane. . . Above and beyond . . . Incredible. . . and the like to express their thoughts on the generosity of the sender.
The reason for the anonymity of the contents of a bomb or trade is really quite simple. There are folks who are more generous with some people than they are with others. There are people with deep pockets and those for whom the bottom line is much closer. Maybe a guy is friends with someone off line and decides to crush his friend with premium sticks or maybe he just likes someone and sends a little something. The point here is that if the contents of a bomb or trade is openly discussed it puts an unfair pressure on the sender or receiver to duplicate their generosity with the next guy. It also makes this person a target for guys to bomb with the expectation that this generous person will reciprocate in the same way as he/she did previously. I know what you're going to say. "When people send bombs out they don't really expect the person they bomb to reciprocate." All I can say to this is, CRAP. I'm not saying that there are not people here that are selfless (a few come to mind) but many folks are expecting exactly that, a return gesture. I see people bombing guys that are known to be extremely generous yet they've never had any kind interaction with these people other than snagging their address which has forced more than a few of these generous souls to pull their contact information from their profiles. I don't think the newer guys should be told to bomb this fellow or that fellow because they "won't be sorry". Let them learn themselves like everyone else. After they've been here awhile they'll know, but not before they've made the effort and paid there dues through interaction.......

Can you explain why? I was rather proud of his end. Remember i've been hanging out on facebook opening packages live on camera. So a little bit of enlightenment would go along way with that scolding .... bully. 😎
I like this explanation even better:
Nice bomb, and welcome (again) to CP!

FYI -- and, no harm/no foul, just general etiquette info to know -- Getting bombed is one of the most heartwarming things that can happen; it makes you realize that others are thinking of you. However, for various reasons, we typically don't post the actual contents of the gift publicly. That is between you and the sender. A humorous "thank you" thread is always appreciated when someone sends you something, but photos and inventories are discouraged. Reciprocation with the sender is generally not expected, though "Pass It Forward" is the mantra around here. You may not have the means to do so now, but perhaps someday you will. When you find yourself in position to do so, and there is someone whose day you feel like brightening, you can send something their way sometime in the future. There is no hard and fast rule on this -- If can, can. If no can, no can. Sharing cigars with someone unsolicited is a gift that comes from the heart.

Don't feel bad about this minor oopsie. Many of us (me included!) have done this before, and have been told the same. There's a thread around here, which I'm sure someone will link to, that I wish would finally get a sticky. It explains quite succinctly why posting bomb contents is frowned upon. I'll see if I can find it in a bit if no one has gotten to it yet. Again, welcome to CP. Smoke what you like / Like what you smoke!

*EDIT* grammar

SamClemmons started this.... figures!!! LOL. Where is the old bugger these days? Oh And I saw your elaborate post explaining what's up on another members thank you. Thanks for your time on that reply ... like I said... I had no idea. And now I do. I appreciate the explanation.

Per FB, Neal is playing a lot of golf. He hasn't been on CP in a long time.

Yeah... he gave up cigars a while ago. We have chatted a few times. I think he would get a kick out of seeing his Mantra being used. I trying to get him to come look....LOL