• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thank You!

Mike $

To my Cigar Pass bretheren, a big THANK YOU for your never ending information and wisdom to a newbie. It has been a few years since I had my humidor with some smokes in it and recently got the "itch" to fill it again.

Well after stumbling on to this site and reading posts from folks such as:

Puro Brat
Other 1
Tony Bones
lucas Buck
emodx
moki

I learned that I have been cutting my cigar the wrong way, lighting my cigar improperly and so on.....

What a gem this site is!! Last night, I took my new knowledge with a cigar and rum and coke out to my screen room and enjoyed the best smoke ever!!!

I now am a member of cigarbid.com and, have several on line dealers added to my favorites.

Thanks again everyone, your willingness to share what you know has "fired me up" to keep my humidor filled up!

Mike $

I don't know Mike, you got my name in the list and I ain't nuttin but a dumb ole redneck Noobler :p

Whatever I said that helped you out, I am glad I could be of some assistance.

Cigar Brotherhood...almost as good as the cigars themselves ;)

Mike $ said:
To my Cigar Pass bretheren, a big THANK YOU for your never ending information and wisdom to a newbie. It has been a few years since I had my humidor with some smokes in it and recently got the "itch" to fill it again.

Puro Brat
Other 1
Tony Bones
lucas Buck
emodx
moki

I learned that I have been cutting my cigar the wrong way, lighting my cigar improperly and so on.....

What a gem this site is!! Last night, I took my new knowledge with a cigar and rum and coke out to my screen room and enjoyed the best smoke ever!!!

I now am a member of cigarbid.com and, have several on line dealers added to my favorites.

Thanks again everyone, your willingness to share what you know has "fired me up" to keep my humidor filled up!

Mike $
You might want to save your thanks until you get first several invoices from cigarbid. :sign:

Mike $ said:

Puro Brat
Other 1
Tony Bones
lucas Buck
emodx
moki
What a group of newbies... geez, you'll never learn anything from them. :p

**Blush**

Thank you. I think there really is something to be learned here. It's not always about how long someone has been on a board or how many posts they have...or even sometimes how long they've been smokling cigars. It's about being inquisitive, learning from your mistakes, putting in a little time on research, and just paying attention to what's being said and happening around you.

I must admit that there is no replacement for experience though and I sorely lack it.

Where's my cutter?

Tony Bones said:
**Blush**

Thank you. I think there really is something to be learned here. It's not always about how long someone has been on a board or how many posts they have...or even sometimes how long they've been smokling cigars. It's about being inquisitive, learning from your mistakes, putting in a little time on research, and just paying attention to what's being said and happening around you.

I must admit that there is no replacement for experience though and I sorely lack it.

Where's my cutter?
Cutter? :D Where I am from, we call those teeth. :sign: :sign:

Mike,

Just a few words of wisdom, from experience ;) , about CBid.

1.) You can save a bunch on shipping if you set your preferences to have them ship weekly. You will get charged for the 1 most expensive shipping charge and the other auctions usually ship for $.50 to $1 additional each auction. They ship all auctions won on Thursday.

2.) Before bidding and setting a max bid, check out the web prices, and then set your max bid to 70-80% of what you can get it for on-line. If you win, you save. If you don’t win, there will be another auction for the same thing shortly.

MOST IMPORTANT
3.) Quantity is never a substitute for quality. If in doubt about the quality of the cigars listed, just ask here. You will always get an answer, even if you don’t want one.

To me that's what this site is all about. It is a great brotherhood we have here. Kudos always to Rod for all that is CP. Oh, and glad I could help :D

geldor1 said:
Mike,

Just a few words of wisdom, from experience ;) , about CBid.

1.) You can save a bunch on shipping if you set your preferences to have them ship weekly. You will get charged for the 1 most expensive shipping charge and the other auctions usually ship for $.50 to $1 additional each auction. They ship all auctions won on Thursday.

2.) Before bidding and setting a max bid, check out the web prices, and then set your max bid to 70-80% of what you can get it for on-line. If you win, you save. If you don’t win, there will be another auction for the same thing shortly.

MOST IMPORTANT
3.) Quantity is never a substitute for quality. If in doubt about the quality of the cigars listed, just ask here. You will always get an answer, even if you don’t want one.
"These are some CHEAP smokes I picked up from CigarBid (Evil, Evil CBid ) before I found out that quantity is never better than quality. I need to clear out the wasted space for the better brands I am accumulating. "

:p :p :p

This man speaks from experience....good advice!

:MMM

A very hearty thanks goes out to everyone here - the community is great. I concur with the theme of the thread whole-heartedly and am glad to be numbered among you.

PS: I just hit my 1 yr in "the hobby"

1 down and many, many to go....

Back