• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thank you

Katrina was more rain and water based. Once the levees failed it was game over. Ida was way more wind based with winds hitting 150+ mph. That's why you see a lot of roof and houses blown over. Either way sucks 😂

The high winds of Ida certainly took a toll on the electrical power infrastructure in the southeast Louisiana area, and even into Baton Rouge.
My sister resides in a rural area outside of Baton Rouge & she told me this morning that half the city is still without power.
Then a few minutes ago I found this article.

My sister has a scheduled surgery tomorrow morning in Baton Rouge. :(
I was hoping she would postpone this until things there get back to a bit of normalcy.

Last edited:
It's been several weeks and now would be a good time run a quick update. Things have been rough.... to put it honestly. Came home to see that my parent's house was a total loss. My house is still standing but there is a long road to recovery. My roof took one hell of beating and cause of that my home took in a lot of water. I lost most of my possessions, but I'm alive and so are my loved ones and that's all that matters.

Things are getting better. Most of the area has power, running water, and I'm back at work. For awhile things were looking a lot like Mad Max. One day I had to wait almost two hours in line for fuel. If any one here has ever played Fallout 3, you'll understand why for a couple of weeks I jokingly called my dog Dogmeat.

Glad it getting better for you. It’s been said a lot already but if you need something we are here to help.

It's been several weeks and now would be a good time run a quick update. Things have been rough.... to put it honestly. Came home to see that my parent's house was a total loss. My house is still standing but there is a long road to recovery. My roof took one hell of beating and cause of that my home took in a lot of water. I lost most of my possessions, but I'm alive and so are my loved ones and that's all that matters.

Things are getting better. Most of the area has power, running water, and I'm back at work. For awhile things were looking a lot like Mad Max. One day I had to wait almost two hours in line for fuel. If any one here has ever played Fallout 3, you'll understand why for a couple of weeks I jokingly called my dog Dogmeat.
Hang in there man!! I just watched Mad Max (the "newer" one) the other weekend and if you need me to stand on the hood of your car playing a guitar while you wait in line, I will be happy to do so!!!

Hang in there man!! I just watched Mad Max (the "newer" one) the other weekend and if you need me to stand on the hood of your car playing a guitar while you wait in line, I will be happy to do so!!!

Fury Road is a damn good movie!!

Sorry to hear that your parents home didn't fare well and that yours had so much damage. Hope things get better for you and your family.

Hang in there Paul, things will keep getting better every day!

Sorry to hear that, hopefully things are headed in the right direction, let us know how we can help please!

You and yours are in our thoughts, wish I was closer I'd buy you a beer.

@PaulTra With the new construction are there plans to improve the home or change the layout on either home?

You and yours are in our thoughts, wish I was closer I'd buy you a beer.

@PaulTra With the new construction are there plans to improve the home or change the layout on either home?

Nothing major. May change some the interior colors, but I really dont see any major changes unless I can convince the insurance company to build a cigar lounge in one of the spare rooms 😂