• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers!

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
My Father in law was born in 1927 in a small village in Bohemia Germany.

At the age of 17 he was told to serve in the Germany army or be shot, and was assigned to the elite Fallschirmjäger (Airborne).

He fought in the battle of the bulge and at the battle for the bridge of Remagen where he was wounded and taken prisoner by the Americans.

He then spent time in both French and American POW camps until he was released. He then started working for the US Army and retired as a Anti-Espionage officer for the US Army Military Intelligence after 25 years of service with the rank of GS 13 (the highest rank a foriegn national can have in US service).

He is now 80 years old and one of the most honorable men I've ever known. Over 20 years ago he had carotid stenting done after suffering a heart attack and suffered a series of small strokes during the procedure.

And now one of the stents has broke and he is going under the knife either tomorrow or Friday to have it either repaired or replaced.

As you can imagine, this is a very dangerous operation due to both his age and weak heart.

All I'm asking is that the brothers here say a few good words, or think a few good thoughts for him. We want the old war-horse and Grandpa around for quite a few years longer.

thanks!

Shawn

Your Fathers sounds like a great man. No doubt someone who has lived the life he has will be able to face another challenge. Sounds like he is used to it.

He will be in my prayers.

Seth

prayers said.. good luck bro

51.gif

Prayers sent to him and your family. The procedure is completly different now than it was 20 years ago.

I can only assume that the best will happen and he will live until 120 to enjoy his children, grandchildren and more. He is in our prayers. YOU hang in there.

Good luck to him! Let us know in a follow up post Shawn.

Brian

My thoughts and prayers sent.

Shawn,

Your Father-in-law sounds like one heck of a fighter, and a great man. My thoughts will be with you while you and your family face this ordeal. I wish you and yours a speedy return to the "normal" grind. It sounds like you are bless to have a man of his caliber in your life.

Tim

My thoughts and best wishes go out to you and your family.
We are all here for you brother.