• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thanksgiving Dinner Wines

J-Rod

Well, with Thanksgiving quickly approaching, I thought I would see what everyone's thoughts were on Thanksgiving Dinner wines. We haven't decided what we're having this year, but we do two separate dinners, with both my family, and my girlfriend's, so we need to find a bottle for each. I personally love a hefty full bodied chardonnay, but a nice viognier also goes well.

Last year we had a rose (King Family Crose') with my girlfriend's family, and a nice viognier/chardonnay blend with my family.

This year we're having the same viognier/chardonnay blend (King Family Roseland), but a newer vintage with the girlfriend's family, and haven't decided on the second one yet.

What will my fellow CP'ers be drinking?

I personally would opt for an 08 The Prisoner from Prin Swift. It is a Zin Blend. Fantastic.

Raymond Reserve Chardonnay, moderate oak with nice fruit. Very nice chard for about $15 a bottle.

The red we are having this year will be Kingsford Manor Reserve 2007. This a Napa Valley Cabernet that is really BIG with a lot of oak and good tannin. This is about $17 a bottle and IMHO is a real steal. This is probably going to be a little hard to find because it sold out in most places.

I haven't decided on the Bourbon for after dinner. Maybe last years WLW with a No. 49 Anejo :thumbs:.

Blanton's on the rocks in iced tea glasses until I'm ready to have an intimate relationship with a tree out back. There are many reasons why I don't return to my home but once a year for 3 days max.

It's not wine, but it's the right tool for the job.