• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thanksgiving Estate Pipe Sale

rramstad

I was encouraged to get some pipes up for sale by souldog, and so here's what I have.

http://www.bobramstad.com/Pipes/ForSale/index.html

Take $5 off for each pipe after the first, and any purchase gets 1 oz of Peter Stokkebye Cube Cut tossed in as a bonus.

I realize the timing may not be great for some folks... but wanted to get these out there.

I think for a newbie buying a well broken in estate pipe is a great way to go.

It's cheaper than a new pipe, it smokes better, and if you decide piping isn't for you, if you take care of it, you can probably sell it for what you paid for it.

Corncob pipes are another good way to go, if you want to try pipe smoking without spending too much money.

-- Bob

Nice looking pipes. Out of my league, but good luck with the sales! :)

Nice looking pipes. Out of my league, but good luck with the sales! :)

Thanks. You never know... feel free to make me an offer, if you see something you like. I may sit on it for a few days to see if other folks come around later, as a lot of folks won't be online again until Friday or Saturday, but I'm happy to consider anything reasonable, especially if it involves more than one pipe...

I'd also consider trades if someone was looking to get out of a single more expensive pipe, and get a few good smokers instead, or just to try something different. (I prefer English pipes, including Upshall, Ferndown, Dunhill, would be interested in trying an Ashton. I also like Castello pipes. Some contemporary makers are interesting too including Mark Tinsky, Brian Ruthenberg, Rad Davis. I typically also prefer medium sized pipes. Don't like freehands.)

Just thought I'd update you all with this. The pipe I bought from Bob just came in today and it is EPIC amazing. It's nice and clean, no flaws, I can't believe he's selling them at such discounted pricing. Shipping was stress-free, and I just can't say enough of how awesome this sale went. Bob, you're a standup guy, thanks for selling me a pipe.

It is my favorite pipe so far, thanks again.

Those pipes look amazing! I wish I had the money to get into pipe smoking right now but alas, it is not the time. I'll have to stick with just cigars for now!

Jonathan, thanks for all the kind words. I'm very glad you like the pipe.

I went a bit crazy when I first started pipe smoking and acquired quite a few estate pipes. I love estate pipes, they comprise almost all of my rotation, but as I've been going through and smoking them, I find I favor some more than others. The ones I am not smoking much I set aside, and then I clean up a few more, and add them to the mix, and repeat.

When I get a reasonable batch of pipes to sell, I clean them up, and there we go. This is actually only the second time I made up a whole batch of cleaned pipes like this... it was something I've been planning to do for a while.

I try to be pretty careful about what I spend when buying estate pipes, and because I clean them up pretty carefully at first so I can smoke them, usually doing the cleaning myself, it's easy for me to clean them up again before selling... so you're getting the $$ advantage of me looking for good buys, and also the $$ advantage of not paying someone to clean the pipe up for you.