• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thanksgiving smoke

mrrt

Faith: you know your gonna live through the rain..
Hey I was just wondering what you guys had in mind for your Thanksgiving Day smoke? Do you have any smokes that are tradition in you family or do you just wing it?

The usual get together for us is a large family thing. For me its always been a WOAM with morning coffee. We usually have dinner around 2P, so we are at one of the families houses around noontime. I have alot of cousins that are cigar guys so we do the Thanksgiving Day trade. Everyone is required to bring an extra and hand it to another member of the family. We do this till everyone has a smoke in hand and then the torches are lit. In the past we've had as many as a dozen guys out on the porch smokin away. This year I think we'll have a few less though.

And then after dinner its Opus time. This is the one time of year that my honey Sandy will "split a smoke" with me. They are the one smoke she loves.
I am looking forward to just hanging with the family. Its one of the few times we all get together, shoot the bull, and just relax.

Hope your holiday is filled family, good friends, and a good time.

Be safe.

Art

im eyein the illusion 23 or the johhny o culebra its not often you get to burn a snake

Nothing really special. It's too cold out to enjoy my special cigars anyways.

I'm probably going with a long morning cigar, Pepin Serie JJ Salomone, and then after dinner an Anejo.

Happy Thanksgiving.

On the books is a Padron 110th maddie, looking foward to burning this one down!!

Depending on how warm it is and how much time I'll have, probably a '98 Boli RC and a CM5 Genios.

As a bachelor I typically smoke at home whenever I feel like it. However for the holiday the family is coming to my house. So my cigar smoking will be limited on Thanksgiving at least until everyone one leaves. There is an Opus X in the humi that is calling me though.

Think I'm going to go with a tat frank as well. I'm heading to the post turkey day crawl herf the day after and on my list is a shark, 80th anni, Cohiba Maduro and possibly a PSD4.

I'm probably going to pull out a Shark, unless the GOF's get here earlier than indicated.

And some Illusiones for my brother and nephew. The whole family's coming over.

~Boar

Something simple probably, maybe a Padilla Corojo Edicion Especial 2006 that's been chillin' in the humi for a long while.

It's going to be a Padron Day for me and my son who is home on leave (he's one of uncle Sam's Misguided Children) and my grandson: A 35 Natural with the morning coffee, a 40th Maduro for lunch (while deep frying the bird) and a Cowpokes victory over the Seahags will be celebrated with an 80th while sipping on a new favorite (Captain Morgan and Root Beer).

Smokin a 20LB turkey. I'll be burnin a Bolivar RC, and perhaps a Tat frank, before I gift them all away. ;)
Drinkin lots of Stone IPA and Dales Pale Ale. I may finish the day off with a big ol Johnny-O!.

Hope everyone enjoys the Holiday!

I'm thinking there will be sharks in the water tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I have been saving an ESG for a special occasion and this just might be it. But, I might just wimp out and pull out a Shark or a 40th. I have been holding my breath that the ESG will turn from a pumpkin and capture some of the magic from its older brother the VR's.

Anyhow, I hope you all have a great time with friends and family and have a safe and enojoyable turkey day.

All the best,
Gregg

Just went and picked up a Drew estate Dark Angel and CAO MX2. I am the only cigar smoker in my family so new traditional smoke, but maybe this is the year to start one???

Andrew

Ya got good taste in comedians. Cigars... well...Smoke what you like.

Doc.