• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

That's good tobacco!

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
I've smoked through a tin of this stuff in the last few days and I have to say it's the finest cigar leaf blend I've smoked. It is sweet, spicy, and smokey all at the same time. The cigar leaf isn't full, but it's "there" enough so you know it's there and it adds something to the smoke.

The Red Virginia is definitely the star of this blend, but the other components really let their presence be known. I wish it had a touch more Latakia, but that's just me. I wonder what it would be like if he had used a maduro leaf instead?

I will be adding more of this to the cellar for sure.

That is great! I was reading about this the other day while checking out Maltese Falcon on the GL Pease site. Both Key Largo and the Falcon are derived from the same inspiration. Glad to hear it's a winner! Have you tried Maletese Falcon? The response has been varied but the majority seem to think it's the new Westminster as far as wining blends from GLP go.

Maltese Falcon is very good, but it's not as good as Westminster in my opinion. It's VERY balanced and as a result, no component stands on its own. It has a very good flavor, but it is a singular flavor.

Don't get me wrong, I like Maltese Falcon quite a bit, but Westminster is in my Top 2 of all time.

That's great to hear! Being an old movie buff I love the whole Bogart movie theme going on with Maltese Falcon and then Key Largo- what's next? Casablanca??
Bogart_image.jpg

That's great to hear! Being an old movie buff I love the whole Bogart movie theme going on with Maltese Falcon and then Key Largo- what's next? Casablanca??

Haha, I can see it now!

"Sitting on the edge of a sun drenched Moroccan patio, your ears are filled with the bustling noise of the streets, busy with commerce and camaraderie alike. Closing your eyes , you can still see the glints of sun, like diamonds floating in the clear blue ocean that is only feet away from you. The bartender approaches, his pipe bursting with smoke as white as the clouds above you. He hands you a refreshing mint tea and suddenly the scent hits you...silky smooth but pleasantly exotic with sweetness and spice, a savory note that almost whispers the words in your ear..."Welcome to Casablanca."

A smooth, exotic and cool smoking blend of only the finest ribbon cut tobaccos. Fire cured virginias that are mildly sweet have been created with slow burning flames that have been infused with orange zest and hints of ginger root to create a sweet yet savory flavor. Sun cured Turkish and Oriental tobaccos are mixed in along with just a pinch of Cyprian Latakia that adds enough zest to remind you that of all the gin joints, in all the world, you're in Casablanca."

Haha, I can see it now!

"Sitting on the edge of a sun drenched Moroccan patio, your ears are filled with the bustling noise of the streets, busy with commerce and camaraderie alike. Closing your eyes , you can still see the glints of sun, like diamonds floating in the clear blue ocean that is only feet away from you. The bartender approaches, his pipe bursting with smoke as white as the clouds above you. He hands you a refreshing mint tea and suddenly the scent hits you...silky smooth but pleasantly exotic with sweetness and spice, a savory note that almost whispers the words in your ear..."Welcome to Casablanca."

A smooth, exotic and cool smoking blend of only the finest ribbon cut tobaccos. Fire cured virginias that are mildly sweet have been created with slow burning flames that have been infused with orange zest and hints of ginger root to create a sweet yet savory flavor. Sun cured Turkish and Oriental tobaccos are mixed in along with just a pinch of Cyprian Latakia that adds enough zest to remind you that of all the gin joints, in all the world, you're in Casablanca."

Now that is good copy..... :laugh:

Tim

Thanks for the heads-up! I have yet to try a Pease blend I didn't like. I just tried the Robusto and loved it, too. Key Largo's on the list.

Steve