• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 2005 Ford Mustang

SFG75

Master-passer
Drove around a nearby town last night and saw the 2005 Ford Mustang for the first time and couldn't believe my eyes, . . .wow!!. :0 :0 :thumbs: I love the front of the car and the retro look they gave it. I'm definitely trading in our family car for this one.

:love: :love: :love:

1122004115236.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

I saw one in the mall on Saturday and I have to agree it is the best looking 'Stang in at least a decade.

AVB said:
I saw one in the mall on Saturday and I have to agree it is the best looking 'Stang in at least a decade.
[snapback]165679[/snapback]​
I think this is the best looking 'stang in the last 35 years.....

ya it does look better then the rest made in the last 20+ years.

It's still not an Mitsu Evolution. The best of the best!!!!!!
lancerevo.jpg

The hot car of this year is the new GTO anyway, 400hp aluminum engine is even better then the old days. The list of standard features is about as long as I've ever seen on a performance car.

AVB said:
The hot car of this year is the new GTO anyway, 400hp aluminum engine is even better then the old days. The list of standard features is about as long as I've ever seen on a performance car.
[snapback]165690[/snapback]​

I was VERY disappointed with the new GTO, given the history of that car. It's nice, but not as nice as it could or SHOULD be... Especially in light of changing their line around, and taking out the Firebird... Leaves some big holes, I think....

Backslide420 said:
ya it does look better then the rest made in the last 20+ years.

It's still not an Mitsu Evolution. The best of the best!!!!!!
lancerevo.jpg

[snapback]165681[/snapback]​

Nah - the one next to your car - there ya go!!! (The Grand Prix - and it should be a GTP... AlexGTP, GTPHale - any comments??? - back me up here, boys!!!)

And I'm sure if you poll board members, I believe you might get an overwhelming vote on the truck next to the GTP!!!!

The '05 is nice, however I'm not too into the new body design. They need to refine it a bit more. I still prefer the '01-'04 model's the best. The inside of the new '05 is VERY nice, the best yet. The outside just doesn't do much for me. I think it looks better in pictures than it does in person. To me, it looks less sporty and less aggressive. The '05 does drive very nice though. I'll wait for the new Cobra before I "upgrade". Supposed to have around 610 horsepower.

Rod said:
The '05 is nice, however I'm not too into the new body design. They need to refine it a bit more. I still prefer the '01-'04 model's the best. The inside of the new '05 is VERY nice, the best yet. The outside just doesn't do much for me. I think it looks better in pictures than it does in person. To me, it looks less sporty and less aggressive. The '05 does drive very nice though. I'll wait for the new Cobra before I "upgrade". Supposed to have around 610 horsepower.
[snapback]165729[/snapback]​
You're just too young :p :sign: :sign: :sign:

Rod said:
Rod, I think this one has the HP your looking for... if not I'll still take it.
http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284898

I like the original '64 1/2 - '69 designs, however this just doesn't do the original design justice. :D

Beefcube said:
Rod said:
Rod, I think this one has the HP your looking for... if not I'll still take it.
http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284898
[snapback]165738[/snapback]​

I'll take it :thumbs:

Rod said:
I like the original '64 1/2 - '69 designs, however this just doesn't do the original design justice. :D
[snapback]165743[/snapback]​
You're right, but it is definitely a step in the right direction

I think the '05 is a step in the right direction, but I'm still saving my money
for a '67 fastback ! And in my part of rural central California, Ford stands for:

Flipped
Over
Reservation
Decoration

The local tribe members (including several good friends) all swear
by Fords, in a VERY pro-Chevy area. They also love Jack Daniels.
And the road the the res is very curvy and has a ditch on one side.
Need I say more ? :0

I love the 05. I think that it is great that Ford finally built a mustang that isn't based off of another platform (although the 05 does share a few things with one of the Lincoln platforms...LS i think). I just hope that they keep it moving forward. You can't argue with the power improvements that Ford has made. A stock 05 makes as much as a lot of the modified fox bodies running around, including mine. I can't wait to see how the 3 valve engines take to blowers or turbos. And the suspension is soposed to be very good, especially for a live axle car.