• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The AssClown Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with this. I certainly understand the power of deterrence; however, most assclowns are unteachable, so I am not sure this would deter much assclown behaviour.

Also, this is such a great community, I think it is a bad for the comunity (and for business) to put a spotlight on the worst 1% of it.

JK

Interesting idea, Rod. Some drawbacks that I can think of are that some of the best meltdown threads were not started by the banned asshats, there are/will be threads that contain both good and bad content, and finally, since you are the sole decision maker on this board, this would constitute more work for you. My biggest vote agains it though, is that I feel it would change the friendlyness of this board. Threads collected to make fun of the banned asshats just does not seem to be in the spirit of the our friendly community.
Hrrrrrrm. Perhaps we should decorate the board skin with like... puppies and kittens frollicking in a flower bed... WAIT, we could put pictures of us with our moms feeding ducks and shit.

A forum like the one Ron described wouldn't detract a wit from "the friendliest..." blah blah blah. Those threads are pretty entertaining reading and illustrate what happens to people that cause trouble. They wouldn't reflect on the level of friendliness here or make the site look bad. If anything they illustrate the level of commitment members have in keeping the site free from such nonsense.
"The AssClown Lounge" may not be the best title though. Something like, "The Road to Infamy", would better suggest the deterrence aspect of such a forum.

NA

Hrrrrrrm. Perhaps we should decorate the board skin with like... puppies and kittens frollicking in a flower bed... WAIT, we could put pictures of us with our moms feeding ducks and shit.

NA

Yeah and what is wrong with puppies and kittens frolicking?

I really wonder if adding a #&*@*( lounge would offer other incentive to people. It could be looked at as a booby prize for some non-members out there as, "I can do better than that jag. I'll have the best rant in the Asshat Lounge!!"

Does anyone else think this could encourage full blown idiocy from passers by to "make" the wall of shame?

Thanks for the offer, Rick.

Does anyone else think this could encourage full blown idiocy from passers by to "make" the wall of shame?
Or encourage regulars to help along more meltdowns, be more suspicious, etc. in the hopes that the thread can get on the wall? Exposing someone or helping them meltdown and getting their thread moved to the "wall" would be like a prize.

Just my opinion, which we all know is wrong.

Bad idea, all the way around. Not in keeping with the spirit of the forum. Won't deter, but rather encourage the miscreants that occasionally stroll through. And, once someone gets "branded" by having one of their threads moved to the A.C.L., any hope of rehabilitation is gone. I'll say it again - it's a bad idea, all the way around.

One man's opinion - B.B.S.

A forum like the one Ron described wouldn't detract a wit from "the friendliest..." blah blah blah. Those threads are pretty entertaining reading and illustrate what happens to people that cause trouble. They wouldn't reflect on the level of friendliness here or make the site look bad. If anything they illustrate the level of commitment members have in keeping the site free from such nonsense.
"The AssClown Lounge" may not be the best title though. Something like, "The Road to Infamy", would better suggest the deterrence aspect of such a forum.

NA

SC, your humor is some of the best and is always good for a laugh. Although a wallboard of infamy certainly feels like a good idea, I don't think that it is. We all know that the asshats are looking for a rise, so what better way than to meltdown on a board, then have it stickied in the hall of fame?

Neal,

I take offense to your little duck feeding analogy. Do you have a problem with a man feeding ducks?

med_gallery_2_1_744815.jpg

:sign: :D

Feeding ducks? Nope, more for the Texans to shoot. Feeding geese? Despicable!

Rod did you go out and take that picture just for this thread?

After having put more thought into this idea, I have decided against it. I've taken everyone's input into consideration, however the bottom line is that hosting such a forum will take away from what we're all about, a true cigar forum. We'll simply let the threads fade away.

We'll concentrate on more productive features which promote what we're all about - a friendly yet serious cigar community.

Thanks for your input,
Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.