• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

the best cheap cigar

x 1,000 for Padron, but Partagas Black isn't a bad selection either

In my newbness, this has been one of the cigars I have really enjoyed. I'm finding lots of cigars I don't like in the process! My B&M must be high because they (Partagas Black) aren't real cheap here.

That's the beauty of trying new things, you get to actually figure out what you like, personally, I'm not a fan of peppery cigars, while I like a very full flavor, but so many people (not on this forum) are always recommending cigars that make me feel like I just ate hot wings. So newbness is not bad when it comes to finding a cigar you like, in fact that's the most fun part, IMHO, to keep trying new things and be disappointed sometimes and very pleased at other times!

I gotta say that padrons are the best for the price in my opinion. Another one that isnt bad(hopefully I dont get flamed for this) is La Vieja by drew estates. They arent flavored like acids, but they are quite cheap, and they are a pretty decent smoke. But Padron wins by far.

Best inexpensive cigar: Flor de Gonzalez, white label. (Not the mixed-fill green label, the long-fill white label). Next Occidental Reserve Double Broadleaf (better than SPDM, in my opinion), Hoyo de Monterrey Sabrosos.

Sancho Panza Double Maduro.

Best bang for the buck I have found. One of my regular smokes.....when I can find the time to enjoy a cigar that is.

for me...

NC - Padron Londres (hands down no better $2 stick around)

Cuban - JLP Petit Caz (maybe the ultimate inexpensive smoke at roughly $1.30 a stick)

Sancho Panza Double Maduro.

Best bang for the buck I have found. One of my regular smokes.....when I can find the time to enjoy a cigar that is.

Had a few of these last night...I was amazed how good these were for less than $2 a stick.

Here's my list on inexpensive cigars I couldn't live without: Tatuaje P series, Padron x000 series, R.P sugrown factory selects, AF Château Fuente sungrown.

Doc.

What I smoke most is Flor de Oliva Gigante (8.0" x 52) @ about 37 a bundle followed by the RP sugrown factory selects.

These may not be the best, but they are cheap, Villiger No.8. I got these in a newbie sampler trade and they are perfect for a quick tastey smoke. Love them for cutting the grass or any chores around the house. I think you can find them for less than a dollar a piece(.75).

Thanks

Rich

for me...

NC - Padron Londres (hands down no better $2 stick around)

Cuban - JLP Petit Caz (maybe the ultimate inexpensive smoke at roughly $1.30 a stick)

Where I would get them they are closer to $1.95 a stick... :(

I'd vote for Perdomo Compay Maduro.
I won a sampler from CBid about 1 year ago and didn't expect much from that sampler.
The Compay (Maduro Robusto) was a big surprise for me. If I didn't know what I was smoking,
I would have thought it was something quite expensive.
After doing some research, I think was around $2.5 a stick, but too bad it was already discontinued so I can't get it anymore.

5 Vegas Series A (CI and Cbid usually ~$2/stick)
Sancho Panza Dbl Maddy

And, if $4 is the cutoff watch out for RP Edge auctions.

Padron 2000 M
Padron Londres M ( best $2 period IMHO )
AF 858

Seth

How about reducing the amount of cigars you smoke.
Then you will have a wider selection of cigars to choose from.

Gurkha Legend, under $3 ea, or sherpa's by Gurkha, $2 ea from CI. IMHO....

Pulled out a box of El Ray Del Mundo Robusto Largas I bought in 2005. Found them in the back of the humi while I was taking a quick inventory check. Pretty good smoke for about 4 bucks. Nice oscuro wrapper.

But the best cigar in the 4 dollar category is any Padron at that you can get near that price point, but I am a Padron whore; so, what can I say. :laugh: :laugh:

I won a fiver of La Aurora 1495 Coronas for $17 on Cbid recently. There are some good deals to be had under $4 a stick online. I've pretty much given up on my local B&M due to selection and prices which are high due to the proximity of a Marine Corps base to the shop.