• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Blind Shall Lead the Blind Pass

MonkeyK said:
Nice plays Knifeman. Is that Rocky Patel Edge as powerful as they make it out to be?
[snapback]173512[/snapback]​

I think its a very nice cigar, IMO I dont think its as full as they say. Very nice draw and lots of taste to it, worth trying for sure!

sorry again for the mess up on my part :(

-matt

smokers only said:
MonkeyK said:
Nice plays Knifeman. Is that Rocky Patel Edge as powerful as they make it out to be?
[snapback]173512[/snapback]​

I think its a very nice cigar, IMO I dont think its as full as they say. Very nice draw and lots of taste to it, worth trying for sure!

sorry again for the mess up on my part :(

-matt
[snapback]173856[/snapback]​
Don't worry about it too much Matt. It would not have been anything with the right communication. As it was, gtphale and I were just ??? for a while unitl we heard from SFG75. :)

Thanks for the info on RP Edge.

I didn't see a DC# posted, but I did get a slip in my box that I have a package waiting for me in the office. Unfortunately, office was closed when I hit the mail box so I'll post in the morning to confirm it was the pass :thumbs:

The eagle has landed!

It was waiting in the climate controlled office and everything was safe and sound.
I'll be going through this puppy tonight and get to work on the P/Ts & stories.

Robert :thumbs:

Alrighty....here are my proposed puts & takes :cool:

Puts:
#66 Montecristo #2 03' (isom)
#67 Romeo y Julieta #1 tubo (isom)
#68 Savinelli Special Select Toro
#69 Indian Tabac Tomahawk Maduro
#70 Felipe Gregorio Warhol

Takes:
#50 H Upmann Magnum 46 (isom)
#49 Guantanamera Cristales (isom)
#60 Puros Indios Special-Aged Piramides Maduro
#59 Victor Sinclair Bohemian Bamboo North Beach

Now for my stories.....short & sweet

#66 One of the few remaining of the last box I bought a couple years back. Because of the way the #2s are so mass produced, the quality is sometimes inconsistent. Still a decent smoke.

#67 One of the first isoms I've ever tried. Too mild for my taste ;)

#68 Went in on a box split with Scott for these pups. Nice smoke with a dominant floral taste :thumbs:

#69 Bought a couple boxes of these when they were on special. Not a bad smoke from Rocky.

#70 Bought a sampler from Cbid. Not a horrible smoke by any means, but definately way too mild for me :p

Thanks for letting me play Mike :D

Nice plays. I've really been enjoying seeing what people put and take. Even more so than in the passes that have played.

Needless to say, the pleasure is all mine :)

Pass Inventory (count=37):
7) Oliva Bold Ovation
8) Macanudo Hyde Park Maduro
10) Punch Double Corona
12) Perdomo2 Millenario Maduro
13) Perdomo2 Millenario Cameroon
14) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
15) CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
16) CAO L'Anniversaire Extreme Corona
19) K. Hansotia Symphony Churchill
20) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
21) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
22) Perdomo LaTradicion Maduro 'R'
32) RyJ Reserva Real Robusto
34) RyJ #3 (ISOM)
36) Comacho Corojo Figurado
38) CAO tin, petite cameroon
39) CAO tin, petite maduro
41) Savinelli Specialty Select Torpedo
43) H Upmann Magnum 46 (ISOM)
47) Oliva Maduro Churchill
51) Gran Habano #3 Torpedo
54) Gran Habano #5 Churchill
56) 4 Havana Reserves (Don Lino) Lonsdale Maduro's?
58) Perdomo 2 Exponente Maduro
61) La Vieja Habana Early Years Festibal De Moroc
62) Trinidad maduro
63) Rocky Patel Edge
64) Macanudo robust
65) Romeo&Julietta Reserve maduro
66) Montecristo #2 (ISOM)
67) Romeo y Julieta #1 tubo (ISOM)
68) Savinelli Special Select Toro
69) Indian Tobac Tomahawk Maduro
70) Felipe Gregorio Warhol

Pass order:
melski - next up

DC # 0101 0521 2975 2296 6464

Sorry I didn't get this out yesterday, got extremely busy :blush:

Thanks again Mike!!

Robert :thumbs:

mikey,
I am somewhat preoccupied with getting all the legal manuevers finished so as to qualify my wife for medical assistance on 1 April. She went into the hospital last August 19th for cardiac surgery to repair an aneurism and hasn't been home since. She had a stroke a few days after the operation and her recovery has been poor. She was finally released to a chronic care facility on 1 March (for which I have to pay $35K/month - OUCH!). We are certainly not rich and I would gladly spend all we have to make her well; however there are no guarantees she will improve so I must pay some high-priced legal talent to protect what we have. It's crunch time and I need to be certain that all the Ts are crossed and all the Is dotted. This will, in all probbility, delay my getting the box back to you until next week. While I am sorry for the delay, I trust you understand my priorities.

Our last day together, August 18th, was our 25th anniversary. There were times in those 25 years that I wished she would leave (mea culpa), now I miss her greatly. My wife is only 47 years old. Make the time to spend with those in your life who are special to you for truly "you know not the hour or the day".

Mel,

As I am sure you are well aware, the timeliness of this pass is insignificant compared to what you are dealing with. Please accept my sympathies.

I wish you the best of luck in qualifying for assistance.

melski said:
mikey,
I am somewhat preoccupied with getting all the legal manuevers finished so as to qualify my wife for medical assistance on 1 April. She went into the hospital last August 19th for cardiac surgery to repair an aneurism and hasn't been home since. She had a stroke a few days after the operation and her recovery has been poor. She was finally released to a chronic care facility on 1 March (for which I have to pay $35K/month - OUCH!). We are certainly not rich and I would gladly spend all we have to make her well; however there are no guarantees she will improve so I must pay some high-priced legal talent to protect what we have. It's crunch time and I need to be certain that all the Ts are crossed and all the Is dotted. This will, in all probbility, delay my getting the box back to you until next week. While I am sorry for the delay, I trust you understand my priorities.

Our last day together, August 18th, was our 25th anniversary. There were times in those 25 years that I wished she would leave (mea culpa), now I miss her greatly. My wife is only 47 years old. Make the time to spend with those in your life who are special to you for truly "you know not the hour or the day".
[snapback]175201[/snapback]​

There are times in all of our lives that our loved ones do things that make us think we want to get away from it - crashing a car, spending too much, getting angry about stupid things, etc... What you say, melski, is very powerful. It makes me rethink my priorities...

I hope you have others immediately around you who love and care for you during this rough time. You certainly know that your are in the thoughts and prayers of people on this board, whom you barely know.

I hope everything works out for you. You are in my families thoughts and prayers.

Last night I fired up the Gran Habano #3 Torp from the pass - wonderful smoke - any of uze guyz know a good source for more?

a quick perusal of the usual sites didn't find them on sale anywheres. $71.95/box seems to be the going price for #3 Pyramids. Atlantic has them $1 cheaper and you get a 5er of one of their house cigars (caveat - you don't know whether they actually have any in stock till you call); esmokestack.com is offering free shipping.

I didn't find the note the USPS says was left for me. Damn flexes! I'll pick up the package Saturday morning.

melski said:
a quick perusal of the usual sites didn't find them on sale anywheres. $71.95/box seems to be the going price for #3 Pyramids. Atlantic has them $1 cheaper and you get a 5er of one of their house cigars (caveat - you don't know whether they actually have any in stock till you call); esmokestack.com is offering free shipping.

Thanks - that's pretty much the same thing I found...

Here's hoping your filing went well Mel. :thumbs:

I'll try to find something strong to smoke in your honor this weekend. :D

mikey,
We will not actually go through the interview process until near the end of the month, but the application will be effective April 1. There were a lot of legal niceties that had to be done by Friday.

A few comments and questions. It seems that neither Perdomo nor CAO smokes were real popular with this bunch. I'd be interested to hear the whys. An awful lot of the comments on the puts said something to the effect of "good cigar, too mild". I wonder how many of today's smokers make the association of bland equalling mild. A mild cigar can be very flavorful (Don Diego, Ashton, Cuban ERDM or SLR) but a bland cigar is just a bland cigar. One person put in what was one of the worst cigars I have ever tried to smoke. Chucked it after an inch and as frugal as I am, that's saying something (YMMV). Last and probably least, we had one person who admitted to taking a Macadoodle and another who admitted to having a Macadoodle. Oh, well. Don't ask, don't tell, I guess. :laugh:

To the business at hand. Can I have a drumroll, please?

Takes #10 - Punch Double Corona. Villazon product - nothing flashy but solid and consistent
Puts #71 - Henry Clay Toro maduro. One butt ugly cigar. Lotsa veins in the wrapper and you never know what shape these will have been pressed into but the flavor is always the same.

Takes #51 - Gran Habano #3 Torp. New one for me. I like the #5s.
Puts #72 - Edge Toro Corojo. No, not as powerful as they say. These have a somewhat "funky" aroma. Both wrappers of this cigar aren't bad, but given their price point, there's other things I'd rather have.

Takes #56 - Don Lino Havana Reserve maduro. Don't recall ever having a Don Lino in maduro so I took 2 of the 4 cigars in the bag.
Puts #73 - Padilla Robusto. This brand got a lot of good comments over on HP. Good construction, good burn. Taste? What taste?
Puts #74 - Bauza Greco. I don't seem to see much said about this brand. They are relatively pricey. I'm not much of a Corona smoker.

Takes #62 - Trinidad Toro maduro. I've tried the nats and haven't been impressed, especially given their price. Maybe the maduro will be better.
Puts #75 - Torano Tribute Robusto maduro. I have not smoked any of these. I hope you like it, mikey.

Takes #63 - Edge Toro maduro.
Puts #76 - Edge Robusto maduro. Just a simple switch sos I can try a different size

Takes #68 - Savinelli Special Selection Toro. When I see things like "special selection" or "vintage" I get reel skeert. This usually means mild and/or bland. Oh, well. Columbus took a chance. Of course, he died in jail.
Puts #77 - Oliva "O" Orion maduro. This is one that meets the original specs for this pass. All the hoopla over the new release by Oliva, the Oliva "O" was hot air. This is a beautiful cigar, but just too light for my tastes. I am loathe to add a cigar to a pass that is already in the box, but, mikey, I think these are right up your alley so I added another size.

Puts #78 - Indian Tabac Toro Candela. The thing I look for most in a boxpass is something new. Don't know ifn' you've ever had a candela. People do seem to either love them or hate them, not a lot of middle ground.

Puts #79 - Top Shelf Signature Select Toro. It's hard to let go of this one. These are made by Pepin Garcia for Top Shelf Cigar in Skippack, PA. Very similar to Havana Souls; not quite as much kick but with a tad more flavor. I love these things and will shill for anybody that wants to listen. :D Warning - to be smoked after big meal.

Many thanks, sir, for having me. I'll get this out tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.