• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 'Cigar' by Perdomo

Smokin'Tone

I just might be your huckleberry
Has anyone tried that smoke? I saw it at the shop and it looks pretty good, but the girl that was working today didn't know what it tasted like (I think she's hired because of her looks, she has no head for cigars at all. 'um, like, it's pretty and stuff').

I'm just curious because it has a very nice looking wrapper on it, and the smell wasn't too bad either.

Thanks

:p

I'll take that as a no... Gonna have to pick a few up to try out then and let ya'll know if it's good or not.

I've got a couple in the humi and I just have not had a chance to smoke one. Maybe this weekend. ;)

i tried the churchill a couple months ago. i hadn't had a non-isom in awhile, but i still liked it. just my .02 for what it's worth!

I was gifted one of the robustos and well... in all honesty it was a dog rocket IMO. I tossed it after the first inch and a half.... no flavor... blech! I will say that it was a very nice looking cigar and maybe I just had a bad one. I'd be willing to give it another shot but this time I'll be sure I rest it in my 'dor for awhile before torching it.

Aloha,

Wade

mine was fresh from uptown cigar. they were probably keeping it next to their opus to beef up the flavor a little, hahaha.

Well, I smoked one. Robusto. ???
It was ok. I've had better. I think sitting it next to a cigar with a little more punch to it would liven it up. If you like mild cigars, then this might be right up yer alley. for me, it would be one of those smokes after breakfast, because I don't like the punch right after the morning feast :p

Otherwise, it's not a BAD one, but not a GOOD one either.

hey, maybe that's why i didn't mind it so much....i remember i smoked it early in the day, even before i ate anything. maybe it would have been another story after a nice hearty bbq, huh?

you know what? that might be this cigar's niche.

'The Cigar' by Perdomo. It tastes good after a big meal.(tm)

LOL

Seriously though, maybe you're right. I bought 5 of them, so I'm gonna try that the next time I have a really big meal.... Hmmmm

not a 5-pack from CigarBid! haha

actually, if it's on the mild side, maybe it won't quite cut it after a heavy meal? remember, i thought mine was ok, and that was before i ate. sometimes a stronger cigar might make me feel a little sick on an empty stomach, but that one didn't.

Oh God no, I cut my teeth on Cigarbid a long time ago hahaaaa. My theory is that I always pick up 5 of whatever I want to try, that way I have one right away, the rest sit in the humi, and as time goes on, I have some to try again and again. It usually takes me 5 or 6 before I can decide if I like it.

Maybe not after dinner, but on the ride to work? I don't know where this cigar fits in... Hmmm, maybe outside on a nice sunny day, cutting the grass, or sitting on the porch?

I wish I had a porch :p

LOL

Smoked one tonight. ( My only courtesy of Tommyrox from the lottery.)

It was one damned pretty smoke. Beautiful wrapper, Perfect appearance, rich spicy prelight scent. It lit easily, and produced bountiful smoke. It began with a perfect burn , though it became erratic and had to be repaired with the torch once. It was very sweet, creamy, and mild. At half point a bit of pepper jumped out and bit me as a surprise, but went away. This cigar smoked very well to the very end after the one fix. It never got a bit harsh or hot, though was a bit wet in the final inch or so.

It was a very elegant looking smoke, and I was smoking it with a Heinekin. I think with a White Zin, or Congnac it would have been better to bolster the sweet undertone.

All in all I just finished searching the web to see where I can get a few to keep for a time I want a very enjoyable mild smoke. I tend towards the heavies, so this was a real " changeup" for me.

I think it is now my favorite mild. I wont write home about it......since I prefer a stronger taste profile, but its construction was excellent, its burn good save for the brief inconsistency, and for a mild smoke was right tastsy.

heh Just another input in the pot! :D

Nice review Firestorm... How long did you have it sitting? 'cause the one that I did smoke didn't have nearly the tastes you described. Maybe I need to let it sit for a while so it has time to mature?

It IS a beautiful looking cigar, the wrapper is just amazing to look at.

I'm gonna have to try another in a few weeks to see what happens to it.

Mine was a cigar Texas Lottery for 10 gift from Tommyrox 3 weeks ago. I have no idea how long HE had it before that :D (Probably a while though, because I cannot seem to find that particular Perdomo online anywhere.) The band was black with a Beautiful "P" in gold and some gold scrollwork making a frame for the "P".

The back of the band opposite the P said "The Cigar".

I have found around 4-5 other Perdomos on various websites, but nothing with that particular band. And it could be one that smokes better when more humidified.

uptown sells them: www.uptowncigar.com or 877-238-1172 (toll free)

it's better calling them than using their website as it's not always up to date on what they've got in stock.

ok, i just looked there myself. here's what they're listing:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perdomo 'The Cigar' Churchill Each 7 x 50
US$ 3.75 Quantity:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perdomo 'The Cigar' Churchill Box 7 x 50
US$ 127.50 Quantity:

Perdomo 'The Cigar' Robusto Each 5 x 50
US$ 3.50 Quantity:

Perdomo 'The Cigar' Robusto Box 5 x 50
US$ 119.00 Quantity:

Perdomo 'The Cigar' Torpedo Each 6 1/2 x 54
US$ 4.00 Quantity:

Perdomo 'The Cigar' Torpedo Box 6 1/2 x 54
US$ 136.00 Quantity:

That sounds way wierd. They cost more by the box than singly? (Ie the listed single price of 4.00 for the Torps X 25 is 100 if you bought 25 singles. You listed their box at 136. ???

hmm maybe they are charging 36 for that cool box? :D