• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 'Cigar' by Perdomo

Yup, I was right:
These are all in stock at CI
Churchill BOX OF 40 7.0 x 50 $112.95
Churchill 5-PACK 7.0 x 50 $ 17.00

Robusto BOX OF 40 5.0 x 50 $99.95
Robusto 5-PACK 5.0 x 50 $ 15.00

Torpedo BOX OF 40 6.5 x 54 $119.95
Torpedo 5-PACK 6.5 x 54 $ 19.00

Sooo.... Anyone want to buy a box and split it all up?

:D

I'd be open to splitting up a box of those Torps if you are serious..... ( * loves torpedo size*...)

As requested by Smokin' Tone...

I smoked The Cigar, the torpedo size. I found it to be fairly inconsistent, but that may be the mark of an authentic tobacco product. God knows it can be a challenge to predict nature... The overall taste was masked by a sometimes inconsistent burn. I suppose that my review is overshadowed by the fact that I bought this one a bit wet. Emo, I do not think these smoke well wet. As a matter of fact, I don't know very many cigars that do.

I just realized, I didn't get a very good feel for this one when I smoked it. I will buy another and re-post.

:thumbs:

I'd be willing to go in on a box of anything :) Torps are good, maybe we could get 3 in on this and split up a box? That'd be 8 each, and we could just give one away to someone that we have an addy for.... How does that sound? I don't care who gets the box, I'll send a MO to whomever steps up to be the gunner for this (unless I'm chosen, then I won't send a MO to myself, that'd be just plain crazy:p )

Thanks Patrick! So far it's pretty split on this 'gar. I liked it, a couple didn't, but it seems like everyone is willing to try it again. Hmmm....

Tone, how would something like a box split work? Would we buy it online or buy locally? Does it depend on who can land the best price? I figure that it will cost about $40 each, depending on taxes, shipping, etc.

:D

If you need an addy, look no further than my profile. :D
Emo

Damn, starting to sound like Lee did before all those gifts, Lotto's, and errr ISOMething or another's....

patrick, I'd go for a site, or even locally, whomever had the best price. I lean towards JR, famous-smoke and holts for my goods online, and JR in the city.

LOL Emo, you crack me up :p Master Leebo has taught you well young padawan LOL

Hmm around 40 each... 8 cigars = $5 each.. If they taste really bad we can always bronze them. They LOOK damned good, and with the reviews split down the middle apparently half of all smokers who try them like them! :D

hmm, i just blew over $300 on cigars today, so someone else is going to have to do the ordering on this, but i'll still join in for split! lmk

Back in October I did a review.

Here it is,

'The Cigar'

Today I decided to take on "The Cigar"
The first item that caught my attention was the rich dark Nicaraguan sun grown wrapper and distinct band on
"The Cigar" the size was 5 1/2 X 54" I don't have the name of this size but it was a solid construction with a great pre light aroma, rich earthly tones yet not offensive. I was rather interested by the extreme dark nature of the filler and the binder. After some initial investiagting I learned it was Nicaraguan Ligero leaves.

I set about to sample this smoke in the luxury of my living room, upon toasting the cigar I noticed the dark aroma announcing that I could be in for a treat.
As I initialy lit up all I noticed was power. Lots and lots of smoke the draw was firm yet not labored. I was treated to a strong taste from the start. It was almost so strong that it was harsh untill it fully lit (curl the nose hairs). Could have been becasue of the freshness of this smoke.

About 1/2" inch into "The Cigar" it smoothed out to a delightfully flavor, it bloomed into a a combination of complex flavors. Spicy yet rich, the dark chocolate combined with a 5 spice flavor really resounded.
(The world was right)

This cigar is all about power. It only got stronger, yet not over-bering. The burn was even it only got a little off once. I adjusted the burn with a touch of my lighter and went back to it.
The aroma was not offensive - but the wife said it wasn't the best smelling cigar (take that for what your will)

As I smoked on the power only grew there was a slight tingle to my lips and the flavor fully enveloped my palette. It was a strong flavor with a mild memory, in this I mean it didn't leave a bad after taste.
The smoke stayed cool until about the last 1 1/2 " then it heated a bit. The construction stayed together throughout the entire cigar.
I nubbed this cigar carefuly.

Afterwards I decided that The Cigar would realy be a great treat for all of my "cuban smoking friends"
"The Cigar" truly deserves a bay in my desktop Humi, for those special occasions. If you see one of these in your local shop, make sure you try it out. As you wont be disapointed

I have since obtained a box of these and the all had serious burn issues.
They where unsmokable.

The factory was kind enough to offer to replace them - but they never did.
(yet)

got one in the humi that keeps staring at me. now I have a reason to burn it. Will get back with you Tony ;)

Really nice review HB. Now I'm even more tempted to do the box thingy

good review hbooker.

Just burned one I recieved on my pass. The size appeared to be a robusto.Wont go into as much detail as hbooker. The cigar lit easily was a med-heavy smoke, creamy with a touch of cedar. Mid way through is when the spicyness came through which was light and tasty. Towards the end the cigar got a little too hot. All and all it was a fine smoke, I wouldnt buy a box, but having a few in the humi would make me happy. :)

btw the burn was even thoughout. sorry you got a bad batch hbooker ???

I've got to agree with Mike on this one. I pulled a torp out of the humidor to smoke on the way to pick up my son this morning. Beautiful looking cigar, very solid construction with a nice pre-light aroma to it.

Lit it up and the initial flavor reminded me of the Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cubans that Perdomo also makes. About one inch into the cigar I started to have problems. The cigar started to burn really bad and canoe on me. Also the flavor headed south too. :angry:

I tried several times to correct the burn, finally gave up and pitched it. Lit up a Mayorga torpedo :thumbs: to get the taste of the Perdomo out of my mouth.