• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Cigar Shack-Lounge

Capt J

Quiet Member
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...um&album=74

Pictures of the building are in the members gallery; Humidor section. Progress will be recordered there too.
The building was probably built about 1920 and is constructed of Chestnut lumber. Last time I was home from work we had it moved next to the creek, closer to the house.
Once it was someones small home (12x24'); for years it was used to cure tobacco in. It has been vacant and unused for the last 27 years....
I need another place to smoke in the winter. My darkroom, which is a room off the garage, is ok but the "cigar shack" will be better! :whistling:

Plans:
Carpenters are ready, materials are ordered; waiting for snow/ice to clear on the driveway so the materials can be delivered... :cool:

Fix a proper foundation
Remove siding, sheathe with OSB and reapply the chestnut siding.
Insulate the walls, overhead and floor
Panel the walls with lumber we had sawed on the farm
Pine boards for the ceiling and floor
Power for lights, ventilation, heat and music
8x16' deck on front
6x8' deck in the back

Looks like you have got some potential there. Have you given any thought about smoke removal since venting will just pull out heat too.

Keep us updated on the progress. Looks like it would be a hell of a fun project to undertake!

WOW! :thumbs:

Very nice CaptJ!!

Have you considered using a small wood stove for heat?

Sorry to get off track a little bit here CaptJ but isn't your Congressman named William L. Jenkins? :laugh:

WOW! :thumbs:

Very nice CaptJ!!

Have you considered using a small wood stove for heat?

Sorry to get off track a little bit here CaptJ but isn't your Congressman named William L. Jenkins? :laugh:

Wood stove for heat is a great idea. And it would really fit the bill appearance wise if you are using sawed lumber for the interior walls.

I am jealous! It is going to be great. I wish you much success. Who knows, it can become a place for HERFS?? Enjoy when you get it done.

That's gonna be one sweet smoke shack!
Good luck with the project!

-Rob

I am jealous! It is going to be great. I wish you much success. Who knows, it can become a place for HERFS?? Enjoy when you get it done.

Hey sax, when he gets it done, I say we just drop in on CaptJ unexpected-like and tell him it's herf time! :laugh:

Thanks.
Our place is off the beaten path but is a nice part of the world. Passing the time with a good smoke and those who enjoy them is one of my greatest pleasures. In other words; you are welcome here.

This idea of air purification was being written about late last year when this topic of "a place to smoke in the winter" was being worked on. I will reread the threads. The loss of too much heat from ventilation is for real.
A wood stove is also in the works; have to lay up a chimney first. It would look really good...

Thanks.
Our place is off the beaten path but is a nice part of the world. Passing the time with a good smoke and those who enjoy them is one of my greatest pleasures. In other words; you are welcome here.

This idea of air purification was being written about late last year when this topic of "a place to smoke in the winter" was being worked on. I will reread the threads. The loss of too much heat from ventilation is for real.
A wood stove is also in the works; have to lay up a chimney first. It would look really good...

While I've never been there, I hear eastern Tennessee a BEAUTIFUL part of the country! :thumbs:

As far as a chimney for a wood stove, those stainless steel chimneys work very well. :thumbs:

Welcome back J. The pics of the cabin are great. Have you decided what kind of treatment to use on the chestnut?

BTW, Jerry and I smoked a couple of those Lusis at Schlesinger's last night. Great cigar, but not as spicy as the PSP2.

Looks outstanding! Congrats and good luck with your project. Looking forward to seeing the results as you post them.

Also, you indeed live in a beautiful part of this country. I love it up there and have been all throughout TN many, many times. But Eastern TN is absolutely gorgeous, especially up near the Smokies. Looks like I need to return. I have some family in Chat, and some in North Carolina, so it will give me an excuse. Lol.