• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Cold Steel Cutlery Bushman!

knightlaird

Greetings! I purchased a Cold Steel Cutlery Bushman hunting knife a few weeks ago. The blade is razor sharp. For the price, you simply cannot beat a Bushman, in my opinion. I purchased mine from the Midsouth Shooters Supply Company. I discovered that they had the best price for the Bushman. I also purchased several other items from Midsouth, along with the Bushman. Please visit http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item...sku=0008595BUSC. If anyone else owns a Bushman, or any other Cold Steel Cutlery products, please tell us about it. I plan on purchasing other Cold Steel Cutlery products in the future. Please give us your comments. Regards, knightlaird

I worked in a cutlery store for about 2 years. Cold Steel is by far the best product out there for fixed blade knives. Their Master Tanto is the only "folded" knife on the mass market that I'm aware of. The advertisement they used to run for it was supposedly a true account of an auto accident bystander jumping on top of a crushed car, while the paramedics worked with the "jaws of life", and opening the roof like a tin can with the CS Tanto. They have a bunch of other cool demonstrations with it on their website too. I've always wanted a Master Hunter too. Not that I would ever have a use for such a monstrosity.LOL! Nothing wrong with a Kershaw fixed either. I have a "blade trader" that I love for fishing.

As for folders, you can't beat a Benchmade.

I haven't used any Cold Steel products. I bought the Gerber E-Z out a while back, not expecting much from it (it was on sale :) ). I have used it as a field dressing knife for the past few years and I'm pleasantly surprised that the blade or handle hasn't broken and is still razor sharp.

What are you using the Bushman for?

Greetings! Thank you very much, kiltedcraftsman and Trek for your comments. I sincerely appreciate it. I like the story that you shared with us about the Cold Steel Tanto, kiltedcraftsman. Trek, my Bushman will be used primarily as a field dressing knife, and as a fishing knife. The Bushman is also an excellent survival/outdoor knife. Regards, knightlaird

A friend of mine moved to the back country of TN. My wife and I made them presents for their new home. I bought a CS Bushman and a replacement hoe handle from the local home supply store. I modified the hoe end of the stick to fit into the bushman handle. I made a leather handle for the bushman and also for the wooden handle. I hung a few tassle-like pieces of leather and stuff off the handle. I gave it to him and told him he could use it to fight off the bears.

My wife made her own label for a product she called "Bear-b-Gone" which she decorated and fixed up to look just like a real product. She wrapped it around a can of silly string and she gave that to the wife.

We got to visit them just after they moved in and before we left we told them not to try to fight off real bears with our gifts! :laugh: :laugh:

I liked the Bushman so much, I bought another one, but haven't gotten around to making another handle for it.

Hi, kiltedcraftsman! Yes, the Bushman can be mounted and used as a spear. That is why the Bushman is sometimes called the "Bushman Spear". I may try using it as a spear someday...it's very versatile. Regards, knightlaird

Hi, Joe! Thank you very much for your interesting story about the Bushman. Maybe I will purchase another Bushman, and obtain a handle, feathers, etc. and create a decorative piece for my living room wall. Sounds good to me! Regards, knightlaird

I've got several Cold Steel knives and they are among my favorite blades. When I used to hunt a lot I always carried one or two as they are the toughest and sharpest I've seen.