• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP love fest

servebig

Well now that we have been given the edict from Rod to stop beating each other up, I'd like to propose that we plan an event in the spring.

Wouldn't it be great if we could get the Jets and the Sharks together for an amazing herf weekend rather than our online "rumbles"? The event will be centrally located...Chicago comes to mind, and all arrangements will be made beforehand so that all you have to do is book your flight. We will have a block of rooms somewhere, and functions will sure to be smoker friendly.

I am looking for volunteers to help with the logistics. I would like the volunteers to be a diverse group of FOGs, noobs and everywhere in between. Please PM me if you are interested in volunteering your thoughts and time to making the arrangements.

In the meantime...please post all your thoughts in this thread!

barney

If you are serious.

I am in chicago. And could help out..

I visit Chicago regularly and may be able to plan a trip around it.

how about dallas? alot of cp'ers down here. not to mention better weather and hotter chics.

I like Chicago a lot! Great place to visit.

Definitely could do Chicago, I have relatives in Waukegan. :D

OR..........we all could wait and go to LOL(Land of Lincoln) Herf?

Chicago would probably be great with me.

bfreebern said:
[snapback]162668[/snapback]​

Nah, DaveWF won't be able to make it that weekend 'cause it's his anniversary...

it's funny, 'cause I've sorta always thought that if an event like this were to actually be planned and take place, and somehow everybody could/would show up, we'd all probably think just a tiny bit more about how we conduct ourselves here in cyber-land, knowing we'd be face to face with other members. :love:.
...or not! :laugh:

All kidding aside, I think the idea of everyone trying to make an HONEST attempt to attend the LOL Herf is the way to go.

Even though October is a busy time for me (elections) I am over 90% sure I will make it out there this year ;)

We've tried on at least two occasions to meet up in Vegas, a few (five to ten) guys say "I'll try to make it" and one by one we all drop out :(

Vegas is a great idea as it's usually very affordable to fly to no matter where in the country you are from.

If you want to reduce the number of people that have to fly, it oughta be in the DFW area in Texas but not in the summer :0 'cause it's too darn HOT.

We could all invade Water Tower Place and have all the yuppies spaz while we have a smoke-in. :thumbs:

Chicago sounds great. Milwaukee sounds even better :D Depending on my schedule I might be able to help out seeing I am only 80 miles away.

Jim

Chicago or Mil... Mil at the fair grounds would be great but i'm sure thats mega bucks.. Chicago could wait till Oct and do the LOL herf fest

coventrycat86 said:
bfreebern said:
[snapback]162668[/snapback]​

Nah, DaveWF won't be able to make it that weekend 'cause it's his anniversary...
[snapback]162693[/snapback]​

LOL. We all could visit him and herf w/ his cigars :p

Milwaukee in the Summer is the way to go!

Everyplace is smoker friendly, a few good cigar stores, great eats.

Plus, in summer we have the largest music fest in the world, Summerfest. It goes on for almost 2 weeks and attracts many national headliners.

:thumbs:

[of course, living in Milwaukee durings summer may affect my judgement too :D ]

marcsheldon said:
how about dallas?  alot of cp'ers down here.  not to mention better weather and hotter chics.
[snapback]162660[/snapback]​

Weather maybe chics nope.

GGiese would be a good person to help find cigar friendly places there (Chicago).
I'm only about 90 minutes away so count me in.

All you guys are either damn close to Chicago or have connections there, yet not a one of you mf'ers showed up at the LOL Herf!! Here's the link to this years herf.... LOL Herf V.