• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Dalmore Cigar Malt

AVB said:
Good question. I did a quick look at my normal places and it isn't available. I did find it in France but much too expensive. Cheiftain's Choice has been bottling a Cigar Malt once a year for the last 4 years so I am expecting another batch to show up sometime this year.
If you are going to do a group buy on this, I'm down with a bottle. If not, if you stumble onto a good source, that info would be appreciated as well.

Feel free to PM me the details.... :thumbs:

Thanks in advance, AVB - B.B.S.

I did some checking and SUPPOSEDLY a new bottling is due out in the next 4-6 weeks. When I get more info as to date and price I'll let you know.

Thanks for keeping the information flowing. Scotch and homebrew are really all I drink. Dalmore 12yr and cigar malt are a couple of my go-to's. Both are good tasting and run about 25 bucks in NH, making it one of the cheapest single malt and vatted's around here.

The Chieftan sounds interesting...

Also AVB - I like the scotch reviews. Nice job.

I just picked up a bottle of this at the new local store, it was supposed to be a pure recon mission to check out their prices, I walked out with a litre of Jack (that was the only planned purchase) and a 750 of this Dalmore Cigar Malt and a 750 of Booker's.

Anyways, this will be my first "cigar malt" and I'm curious what it is exactly that gives it that name. Is there a particular flavor profile or something in the blend?

Thanks!

For Highland Cigar Malts it seems that rum, raisins and chocolate are more prevalent then in other malts.

This place is unbelievable! My Secret Santa package arrived today and what do i find ? A bottle of Dalmore Cigar Malt, Thanks for the reviews and comments, can't wait to taste it.

I had a couple of fingers of this today with a Trinidad Reyes. I don't know a whole lot about Scotch, but it helped me get into the Christmas spirit!

Another great review AVB :thumbs:
I picked up some of this around Christmas time and finally got around to tasting it a few days ago.
Don’t get me wrong this is some good stuff, just not at all what I was expecting. This is very smooth. I was expecting something called ‘Cigar Malt’ to have a bit more of a bite to it.
I definitely did enjoy this and will have some more, probably tonight, it is Friday after all. :D

Whyte & Mackay have scored a cigar winner with this but it isn't something to just sit and sip by itself, go for the Dalmore 21 for that.

I bought a bottle of cigar malt last summer and have to agree. I thought it was just me being goofy based on the name.
Thanks for another stellar review.

Don't let me keep you from adding your own review or comments on this. The more viewpoints the better.

This is one of 8 Scotches that we'll be having tonight at our tasting party. I've really enjoyed the couple glasses of it that I've had so far, we'll see what everyone else thinks!

I gave this a try at the WOW tasting and it just didn't do it for me, I'd be interested in hearing your review.

:cool:

I gave this a try at the WOW tasting and it just didn't do it for me, I'd be interested in hearing your review.

The one time I had this, a friend and I put away a bottle to celebrate (or commiserate) his newfound freedom. I found when drinking it alone, it was just OK. But after that first drink, we paired the rest of it with some smokes, and I liked it a lot better.

The one time I had this, a friend and I put away a bottle to celebrate (or commiserate) his newfound freedom. I found when drinking it alone, it was just OK. But after that first drink, we paired the rest of it with some smokes, and I liked it a lot better.

I could see that, the reps were really pushing the Dalmore and chocolate thing, that didn't do it more me either. I did notice that the Dalmore table was one of the last tables still pouring, or still had something left to pour, at the end of the evening :whistling: .

I picked up a bottle of this Friday night. I paired it up two times this weekend ( once neat and once on the rocks) with fuller bodied cigars, and I thought they went well together. The flavors and nose were pretty much the same as Ray described. I don't think a real mild stick would fare as well. I'm still a noob with scotch, but I liked it!

I picked up a bottle of this a couple days ago! I'm really beginning to be a fan of The Dalmore line. I haven't paired it up with a cigar yet, but its definitely a tasty scotch and has a richness to it that I'm sure will be a great compliment to a nice stick.

I always wanted a bottle of this. Mainly just because it is a "cigar malt". While on vacation in Jackson Hole, I found a bottle for $23! Picked it up and brought the remaining bottle home with me. Pretty good stuff, even though I'm not really a scotch fan.