• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The "Dixie Darling" Pass

What a great pass...sure was a fun being apart of it. Hope that box treats ya well when it arrives there Jerry. :D Enjoy it all brother. ;)

Jerry,

Thanks for lettin me play, and anchor to boot! :)

Our dial-up DNS was down last night, so I couldn't post. It's sealed up and headin to the P.O. this mornin.

As best as I can remember,
Takes:
Don Carlos #2
Ashton Maduro
Flor Fina 858
AF Cuban Beli SG
AF Dbl Chateau SG

Puts:
AVO XO Maest
AVO XO Preludio Tubo
Don Carlos #3
La Unica Cameroon Series Torpedo #1
VSG - Illusion I think
Hemmingway Signiture
Hemmingway Short Story
and 2 more that for the life of me, I can't remember...

Here's to you, and your's.
Mark

Mark,

I can't thank you enough for being a part of The "Dixie Darling's" first pass. And for the superb puts as anchor.

"She'll be riding six white horsees when she comes..."

...down the back stretch.

JerryG

Hey Jerry, congrats on a successful pass - and thanks for letting me play.

lemme know when this baby makes it home, and I can put this pass into the Completed section.

Thanks!
Dave :D

oooh wee darlin'...

can we say pee pee dance!

Thanks dave for the el-reminder-o...

JerryG

Jerry,
Thanks again for letting me play! I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Hope you enjoy that box o sticks!!!!!!

Leebo :0

She's home. Thank You Everyone:

Mark,

Emiliano,

Peter,

Lee,

Neal,

Bill,

Kirk,

Dave,

Jeff,

Jason,

Vern,

Mike,

and Ben,

The "Dixie Darling" Pass has arrived home safe and sound. Dixie has put the six white horses in the barn and is resting comfortably in the station house.

On March 31st the call went out. You Folks rallied to the cause. On April 6th the "Dixie Darling" hit the streets.

On April 20th, the Real "Dixie Darling" arrived, the young Sophie Grace, and you Folks welcomed her heartily. The Beast almost guessed her weight.

I, personally, cannot thank you enough for your blessings and support. Ada and I have put your "notes" in Sophie's baby box so that one day she will know you guys thought of her. Either that or she will know she has a silly dad.

Thank You Folks for the most eclectic mix of smokes. It truly will be interesting and educational to sample the mix. I look forward to the tasty challendge. As well as learning to play the song, "Dixie Darling" by the Carter Family, provided to us by Horse.

Once again, Thanks, You Folks are what makes CigarPass the great place that I feel it is!

+JerryG

( pass to completed passes )

First, thanks to Dave for moving this to "Completed Passes"

Second, thanks again to all you pass participants...

Third, I have to voice a caution and a complaint.

The caution, participants of passes need to be aware that not all people on this board are complete idiots. Some CAN tell the difference between El Dentes and Punch ISOMs. Even some CAN read the list of pass contents and compare contents with the list. So that said be aware of what you take out and put in a pass. Your cleverness eventually will catch up to you when you try and cheat the system.

The complaint really is disappointment. I got excited to have an ISOM listed on the contents list as a Punch Churchill only to find that an El Dente had been put in the clearly labeled baggie. What a bummer. The El Dente sucked by the way.

So I think in the future I will do as DMC-Devin is doing. A running posted list of contents seems in order. Maybe that keeps some folks a little more honest.

Or maybe I am the complete idiot and an El Dente really is a punch Churchill ISOM. Google turned up nothing but cooked noodles.

My rant is over.

Thanks still are in order for some fine and dandy smokes I will enjoy and pass along for some time.

Just be careful folks when you pass.

Sincerely,

JerryG

I'm trying to sit on the middle of the fence on this one cause I don't know squat about ISOM's. But from what I've picked up, some on-line shops re-label isoms shipped to the US with the El Dente label. ??? Thus, the reputation of the shop is VERY important.

PM sent Jerry, nothing to see here..move along... LOL :D

Open apologies to pass participants. I was brash and hasty in my comments without sufficient research.

+JerryG

Hey guys, Jerry asked me to post this little note because is on vacation w/o the puter.

Panama City Beach Herf II
Jerry invited me over to Panama City beach to Herf w/ him and his friend Jerry M(Winston Castro on A.S.C). I left early so I could take the scenic route along the ocean high way. Very nice drive, but the best part about it was the water in Destin Fl...Absolutely the most gorgeous turqoise blue water I have seen in a long time.
I got to meet Jerry and his wife and kids. Well we took a walk down to the Quarterdeck for some herf-n-surf-n-turf. We had burned down 2 cigars berfore his friends Jerry,Michael, and Toby joined us. I guess we sending smoke signals across the bar, because the bartender promptly came across the room and told us "We don't have any rules against cigar smoking, but I am asking you like a gentleman to move to the bar." So after a little grumbling under our breath,we obliged politely, and headed over to the bar to finish our drinks, food, and smokes.
The highlite for me was that Jerry M and I were invited back over to the condo to partake in a BBQ that his family and friends were having. They had all the rooms there rented out. Very nice folk indeed. The spread they had was outstanding...Fish, shrimp, crawdads, different salads, grilled mushrooms....My first decent meal since reporting here to Pensacola! You guys are going to have to ask JerryG for the recipe to his wifes bean salad!
When JerryG gets home I am sure he will post on the matter. He even got a couple pics of us there at the BBQ. Thanks for the invite JerryG, I had a blast!

Emo

Thanks Emo for the post about the 2nd Annual Panama City Herf. I had a blast!

It was very nice to meet you in person and share our stories with each other. I hope to make it to Key West someday and meet your family.

As soon as the Photo-Man sends me the pix of us I will post one.

Suffice it to say the PCH2 was a grand time of Friends, Family, Food and Cigars. Already booked the place for PCH3.

Enjoy those smokes BeastMan!

+JerryG