• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The "Dixie Darling" Pass

I second that question...

What are the Dixie Darlings? Also, I'm still hanging on to mine, when are we supposed to be smoking these?

Dave

I thought Jerry said they were from the La Luna line if I am not mistaken.

Yes Ben, you are correct. The "Dixie Darlings" are LaLuna LHB robustos.

Smoke it when ever you like Dave. I overestimated the mail and Sophie arrived quicker. She's the reason for the season don cha know.

Thanks for the once again excellent puts Vern. I look forward to the Nic farm smoke. The last one was right tasty. Vern, thanks for playing. Now I have to get that next humidor constructed. Thanks for the inspiration...and humidifyer.

I fell victim to education cutbacks yesterday...bummer. Need a good Southeastern Sales Rep?

JerryG

Sorry to hear that, Jerry! Hang in there, bro!

That Dixie Darlin was a fine smoke! Enjoyed the heck out of it!

Your pass is turning out to be an awesome one at that! I enjoyed playing!

Lee :thumbs:

Jerry I hope your having a better day today.  Hang in there our thoughts are with you  ;)   By the way, what do you teach?  

Pass has arrived at my doorstep this afternoon Yeehaa  :D  I am heading out the door this evening for a BBQ  :)   With the holiday weekend and all I'll do my best to get this puppy turned around ASAP  :D

Enjoy your weekend  ;)

That's tough buddy :( Hang in there...you'll find something, I'm sure. :)

If I haven't said it yet...or even if I did...this was a Great Pass thanks for letting me be apart of it. I had a great time.

Thanks Jerry!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

No condolences necessary ya'll. What a strange year it was.

I believe when one door closes another opens.

And a healthy "Dixie Darling" is all that matters in the long run. You can't just go get a healthy baby.

Let's celebrate!

JerryG

Sorry to hear of your situation, Jerry. I believe, as you stated. When a door closes, another opens. Good luck in whatever you pursue. :thumbs:

Package delivered to PO :D
Conf. # 0301 0120 0009 8018 6199

Will post puts and takes when I get home from the office

Mark heads up ;)

Jerry thanks for letting me join in on the fun :D

I'm next! :0 I'm Last! :p Does that mean I can keep it??? :thumbs: :thumbs:

ROFLMAO

Horse,

Yeah. You can keep it overnight...LOL....if ya wanna...

She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes....getting closer...

I found an old tune the other day by the Carter Family, the name is, yep, you guessed it, "Dixie Darling". First person to post the lyrics gets a prize...(Beast-you could win again)

JerryG

MY DIXIE DARLING' --- LISTEN TO THIS SONG I SING --- BENEATH THE SILVER MOON --- WITH [THE/MY] BANJO RIGHT IN TUNE

MY HEART IS EVER TRUE --- I LOVE NO ONE BUT YOU --- MY DIXIE DARLING' --- MY DIXIE DREAM

G'Way down below - the Mason-Dixon Line --- down where the honeysuckle - vines entwine

Where the sweet - southern - breeze is blowing' --- there's where - the dogwood's growing'

Girls up north -in their gay finery --- whirling' around - in their so-ci-e-ty

Singing' songs - of Dixie - Darling' --- where I - long to be

MY DIXIE DARLING' --- LISTEN TO THIS SONG I SING --- BENEATH THE SILVER MOON --- WITH [THE/MY] BANJO RIGHT IN TUNE

MY HEART IS EVER TRUE --- I LOVE NO ONE BUT YOU --- MY DIXIE DARLING' --- MY DIXIE DREAM

break

Going' down south - to have a big time --- to see my pals - in old' Caroline

I'll drink my booze - & do as I please --- I'll dance & sing - 'neath the tall pine trees

Singing' songs - of DixGie -Darling' --- there's where - I long to be going'

Down where - the honeysuckle's growing' --- with my - Dixie Dream

MY CDIXIE DARLING' --- LISTEN TO THIS SONG I SING --- BENEATH THE SILVER MOON --- WITH [THE/MY] BANJO RIGHT IN TUNE

MY HEART IS EVER TRUE --- I LOVE NO ONE BUT YOU --- MY DIXIE GDARLING' --- MY DIXIE CDREAM

break

MY HEART IS EVER TRUE --- I LOVE NO ONE BUT YOU --- MY DIXIE GDARLING' --- MY DIXIE CDREAM

MY DIXIE GDARLING' --- MY DIXIE DREAM

MY DIXIE DARLING'
thru The Carter Family -&- The Carter Sisters
lmmms arrangement & editing

Well giddy up on that! Horse. Cool.

Only overnight...heheh. Good job. You got the prize.

Now I need the guitar chords.

JerryG.

I going crazy  ??? last night I posted p/t's and it's not here today  ???  Hmmmm go figure.  Anyway here they are again, sorry for the delay.
Takes: Ramon Allones
         Nic Farm smoke
         Macanudo Vintage
         Dixie Darling
Puts:  Excalibur 1066 Churchill
        Partagas Serie S Primero
        Mayorga Robusto Maddie
        Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Sun Grown
        Indian Tabac Double Corona
        One more but forgot what I put in (I am such a space cadet sometimes)

Note to self: Next pass write puts on seperate piece of paper before sending box to next passer  ;)

Jerry thanks again for letting join in on the celebration  :D

It's me who should thank you Ben!

Thank you for the most excellent puts! Enjoy the "Dixie Darling".

Sophie is doing well and is most enjoyable.

Horse, do you and the Texas Millionaires sing that tune?

JerryG

Nope, found it on a web site believe it or not :lookup:

If ya need the chords, the version I found had a few notes scattered though-out it...I edited them out... I'll try to send em to ya tomorrow.

I am gonna go on my walk soon and toast to the Dixie Darling. Anyone who smoked this one care to put up a review? I will later on today. Cheers Jerry! :)
Emo

Wow. Seems as if all my posts from earlier today have vanished....server change. Hmmm.

I posted a link to an interesting article about the Quarreymen AKA The Beatles. The article says they played the song,"The Dixie Darling". Cool. Would love to find a recording of that. Fat Chance.

Here it is:

http://members.aol.com/outershel/quarrymen.html

Enjoy!

+JerryG

Stopped at the PO this mornin. Will post p/t this evenin. Back home to Jerry and the Dixie Darlin tomorrow a.m.