• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Don Pepin Blue Label is slowly but surely...

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
... becoming my favorite cigar.

I've now had a fine selection of three different sizes of the blue label, and not one of them has disappointed me.

So far the only other cigar that has had such a good track record with me is the LFD DL Lancero.

mmmm mmmm good.

*edit* Damn German word order again :p

... becoming my favorite cigar.

I've now had a fine selection of three different sizes of the blue label, and not one of them has disappointed me.

So far the only other cigar that has had such a good track record with me is the LFD DL Lancero.

mmmm mmmm good.

*edit* Damn German word order again :p

Now you've gone and done it. I've been really leaning toward the Pepin profile lately. I've smoked a lot of his cigars, but I keep thinking that I need to give the blue label a try. The other cigar I've smoked lately that I thought was similar and really good was the LFD DL Chisel. Now after reading this I'll be picking up a few of the blue labels which I'm sure I'll find addicting and they will take up the bulk of my cigar budget.

D

Couldn't agree more, they are fantastic smokes, and seem to get better with age.
Rob

Yup, I totally agree with your palate ..... but the LFD DL's are just a bit ahead of the DPB's for me. I'm going to need to sell off a box of Tat's just to make more room for more Lancero's.

:cool:

I, too, love the blues. The black labels' flavor suits me a little better, though. The bonus is the lower cost for the black labels. It's one of the few times in my life so far that my preference has not been for the product that costs more. Maybe I am getting smarter...(that wouldn't be difficult). :)

I've still not had a DPG that I haven't liked, though.

I've never tried the Blue because I don't like the offering of sizes but I think the Blacks are awesome... I would even go as far as saying, maybe one of the best NC blends I've ever smoked. Prices are decent too.

I still have yet to try a black or a blue. I've heard nothing but great things about both of them, but my local B&M doesn't sell them, I'll try and remember to stop in Straus Tobacco when I'm down in the city again and it's before 6 (next to never, lol) and pick up a couple of each of these to see what the hype is about.

There's no hype about it, these are a definate MUST try if you like NCs. I like all of the Pepin stuff but my fave by far is the 601 Green La Punta...

I sure like the Blue label smokes. I've got Invictos, Generosos, and Imperiales in the cabinet and smoke at least one a week...usually more. Very spicy, great complexity, and affordable. Between these and the old favorite Padron xK series, these are on my short list for "go to" smokes..... :thumbs:

Regards - B.B.S.

I enjoy the Blues. :thumbs:

However, I prefer the Blacks,
110104_emM5.gif
particularly the Figuardos and the Belicosos & the Perlas are a great quick smoke. IMO they are very difficult to beat for the money!

I hope that CI or Famous offer a daily special on the Blacks soon, I'm really looking forward to trying them.

I love the Pepin Blues, but I've only had the generoso size. I think I'd like to try one with a slightly smaller ring gauge if they make one.