• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Evil Dr. Moki's Group Blind Taste Test #2

I would suggest my rating be removed, as mine was obviously just a bad cigar, and therefore a corner case which shouldn't be allowed to influence the overall rating.

No way, your rating stays homey. Just noting that the actual impressions really did vary more than it appears they did... your lodestone just made it appear that they didn't. ;)

Congrats to both the victims and the Evil Doctor - great job all around! I had a lot of fun following along.

Nice work on the last cigar Moki. I was hoping you'd do something like that. I agree completely with you on the topic of forming an opinion too early. Beware of prematurely judging a cigar until you've tried a few (is that why so many cigar people buy and sell fivers?), preferably from different boxes and even different vintages.

- Tim

Congrats to both the victims and the Evil Doctor - great job all around! I had a lot of fun following along.

Nice work on the last cigar Moki. I was hoping you'd do something like that. I agree completely with you on the topic of forming an opinion too early. Beware of prematurely judging a cigar until you've tried a few (is that why so many cigar people buy and sell fivers?), preferably from different boxes and even different vintages.

- Tim

I have nothing to back it up other than my experiences and impressions over the years, but it seems to me that what people think about a cigar prior to lighting it up often influences how much they enjoy it more than the cigar itself.

I mean, look at what I thought of a 1492 cigar not knowing what it is. I really doubt I'd have been so down on it if the band was still on it. I'd be seeking out flavors to enjoy.

Same cigar twice, absolutely brilliant. Well played by everyone involved. As I said before, this has been an absolute pleasure to follow! Thanks to all involved :thumbs:

see-you-next-week.png

Ha! You sneaky weasel!

Nicely done, Moki. Thanks to you for organizing this, and thanks to all the participants/victims--it's been a real treat to follow.

I have nothing to back it up other than my experiences and impressions over the years, but it seems to me that what people think about a cigar prior to lighting it up often influences how much they enjoy it more than the cigar itself.

Bingo, and thus the beauty of these blind taste tests!

If you want to take a break and let me organize the next one (perhaps you'd like to participate in it!), I'd love to sponsor TEDMGBTT #3!

Bingo, and thus the beauty of these blind taste tests!

If you want to take a break and let me organize the next one (perhaps you'd like to participate in it!), I'd love to sponsor TEDMGBTT #3!
I'd definitly would be up for it.

Brian

Well done again, Andrew. Thoroughly enjoyable thread and what a great little twist you added with the final cigar. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Andrew, thanks for running one of these blind taste tests again .... nice twist at the end by the way. To all you testers ya done good, and I hope you all enjoyed being in the lab of the evil one.

Hopefully Rod won't mind me bumping these threads... just thought some folks might find the blind reviews interesting.

Andrew, it was fun to participate and fun to read both threads again. Thanks for the bump...!!

A lot of fun reading through this again. I remember having a good time doing these, waiting to see if I was even close every week.

I had a ton of fun doing this and learned a lot as well. Andrew lets do it again so I can come up with an excuse to smoke every week again. :)

Here’s another read for you @CigSid! Couldn’t believe how far off I was on a few of these even though I was still a bit of a NEWBIE...

I really enjoyed reading all these pages. Learned a lot as well.
There are many cigars that I only had once and didn't like... maybe is time to retry some of them.