• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The GAS Pass

Here are my P/T's for approval.

10) Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario toro
84) Pepin Custom rolled Sublime w/pigtail (Pepin rolled this himself)

16) Padron 80th anni maduro
85) Davidoff "Special C" Culebra coffin

61) Padron '26 #35 maduro
86) Graycliff Double Espresso

64) Padron '26 #9 maduro
87) God of Fire Carlito Churchill 2005

79) DCM Stanford's 90th
88) Padilla 1932 LE Oscuro Churchill (from the limited edition humidor)

82) La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II
89) Opus X Super Beli

90) Pepin Blue Label Lancero Puffstuff exclusive

Oh my... LOL. The pass has been pillaged of Padrons. Alliteration unintended.

I'm gonna be 100% honest - I haven't the slightest idea (and I'm reasonably sure some can join me) what the custom rolled Pepin is worth, but I'll also be the first one to tell you that "I don't know" if I don't know.

Even thought I've had 0 experience with them, I'm reasonably sure I saw the Davidoff Special C Culebras somewhere going for slightly over 30, so that look good. (I saw one in your "Pretty Penny Pass" @ #3 HERE .... where the f do you get these things?)

The Padron for Graycliff looks fine. The DCM S90th for the Padilla 32 Oscuro Limitada looks fine.

I do know the pass already has a Opus Super Beli and 2 GOF Churchill's. I'd like re-clarification of which blend/year the GOF's are, so we can avoid duplicates.

And thanks for the extra Pepin Blue lancero. Those are definitely awesome smokes. Is it this years release or last?

Input anyone?

<placekeeper for contest> :D

I figured somebody would snag the Opus just because it's an Opus. I can certainly can change the GoF since there are dupes. The Pepin is hard to put a price on but I've seen these traded for $30+ sticks before just because it was rolled by the man himself. It's hard not to get dup's in a pass because of trade values sometimes,but I'll certainly make a change on the GoF since there 2 in there already (didn't pay that attention...sorry).

How 'bout the Padron '26 # 9 maddie for a Casa Fuente Corona Gorda?

LMK what you think Bossman!

PM also has been sent.

The Pepin Customs are though. I got mine for free at an event (got two for buying a box of Blacks), if fact are you even able to buy these, or are they given away at events only? I have not smoked mine yet so I don't know what they are like.

I think it would be up to the host as to whether you want to except the trade, it's your pass Jeff. It will be very hard for someone to take it out of the pass when you figure rarity.

Keith

The Pepin Customs are though. I got mine for free at an event (got two for buying a box of Blacks), if fact are you even able to buy these, or are they given away at events only? I have not smoked mine yet so I don't know what they are like.

I think it would be up to the host as to whether you want to except the trade, it's your pass Jeff. It will be very hard for someone to take it out of the pass when you figure rarity.

Keith

The Pepin customs are free but the value comes from the cigar being rolled by the man himself and not one of his rollers so there is a very high rarity factor involved. Also just for value clarification, this came out of my Pretty Penny pass that was traded for a CFCF (Fuente) 10th anniversary if that helps.

Do ALL GOFs have a second band for the year? I'm not sure how y a'll always know the year cause I'm pretty sure I've seen some with only a single GOF band and no year band...
Chris

By the way, Brian, is the blue label lancero 07 or this year's release?
Also, what kind of info can you give me about the custom rolled sublime? What blend is it? When was it rolled? What wrapper does it have? Any pictures/video of it being rolled, etc? I am not questioning your honesty, I just want all the info before the pass makes a decision.

After thinking it over:

16) Padron 80th anni maduro --> 85) Davidoff "Special C" Culebra coffin. --- Approved
61) Padron '26 #35 maduro ---> 86) Graycliff Double Espresso --- Approved
64) Padron '26 #9 maduro ---> 87) Casa Fuente Corona Gorda --- Approved
79) DCM Stanford's 90th ---> 88) Padilla 1932 LE Oscuro Churchill --- Approved
82) La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II ---> 89) Opus X Super Beli --- Pending discussion w/ Jonesy
90) Pepin Blue Label Lancero Puffstuff exclusive --- Thanks!!!

And,

10) Don Carlos EdA Toro ---> 84) Pepin-rolled Sublime w/pigtail --- Still don't know, want input

The only problem I foresee is the insane rarity value. Does anybody have cigars lying around like this that would be a fair trade? If this trade is accepted, is the cigar a sure-fire set-in-stone "back to the host" stick? I commend Brian for his generosity! It's a 10-11ish dollar cigar that is rolled by arguably one the most popular men in the cigar industry right now. The provenance alone makes the cigar not only stupidly rare, but highly sought after. Thus, it's got "emotional attachment" to it :laugh:.

So, basically you have a high dollar cigar with a modest amount of rarity attached to it versus a "freebie" cigar with an insane amount of rarity due to being rolled by the recent cigar industry Jesus. Interesting debate/trade off. Since it's not getting mailed until Monday, I'd love to see this discussed today by both the completed and upcoming pass members.

It's a trade up, so I say let it stand. The guys coming up in the pass may actually have something to trade for it. Ya just never know. If not, there's 46 more cigars in there to go for. This is a high end pass ya know. :D

There are different opinions across the board (haha...made a funny) when it comes to the rules of equal takes vs. equal puts (ie. value/value, rarity/rarity, etc.). I've been in a pass where it's okay to take a rare/HTF/aged cigar and put a not so rare/HTF/aged cigar that had a higher price point. I've also been in a pass where that was not allowed. It had to be strictly equal vs. equal. What would be accepted?

OK, to keep from having duplicate Opus X Super Beli's and a cross board discussion about rarity that no one can answer, I've changed my p/t's to the following.

1) Opus X Perfecxion X
84) Perdomo Edicion de Silvio robusto

85) Pepin Custom Rolled Sublime w/pigtail (approved by jlada

86) Davidoff "Special C" culebra coffined

87) Graycliff Double Espresso

64) Padron '26 #9 maduro
88) Casa Fuente Corona Gorda

79) DCM Stanford's 90th
89) Padilla 1932 LE Oscuro Churchill (from the limited edition humidors)

82) LFD Factory Press II
90) Diamond Crown #7 natural

91) Pepin Blue Label Lancero (Puffstuff exclusive'07)
92) La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero LE "A" Oscuro ( to make up for the USPS taking the other one)

I should have paid a little more attention to what was in the pass and not in my humi for the duplicate trades. :blush: Oh well, all should be well now. Jeff, thanks for inviting me into your first pass Bro! It's been fun!

OK, to keep from having duplicate Opus X Super Beli's and a cross board discussion about rarity that no one can answer, I've changed my p/t's to the following.

1) Opus X Perfecxion X
84) Perdomo Edicion de Silvio robusto

85) Pepin Custom Rolled Sublime w/pigtail (approved by jlada

86) Davidoff "Special C" culebra coffined

87) Graycliff Double Espresso

64) Padron '26 #9 maduro
88) Casa Fuente Corona Gorda

79) DCM Stanford's 90th
89) Padilla 1932 LE Oscuro Churchill (from the limited edition humidors)

82) LFD Factory Press II
90) Diamond Crown #7 natural

91) Pepin Blue Label Lancero (Puffstuff exclusive'07)
92) La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero LE "A" Oscuro ( to make up for the USPS taking the other one)

I should have paid a little more attention to what was in the pass and not in my humi for the duplicate trades. :blush: Oh well, all should be well now. Jeff, thanks for inviting me into your first pass Bro! It's been fun!
Jeff, I just wanted to make sure you saw and acknowledged the trade I subbed in for the Pepin/ DCA and the Opus for the LFD Factory Press before you pm'ed me to ok the DCA trade. I want to make sure everything is ok before I ship this bad boy out! LMK and I'll get it out ASAP.

You sending to me or Dennis. Say me, that way I can have him come by my place on the way home instead of having to go downtown :)
Chris

You sending to me or Dennis. Say me, that way I can have him come by my place on the way home instead of having to go downtown :)
Chris
It will be going to you Chris once I get the ok from the Grand Master!

Sorry, I've worked the past 4 nights, been sleeping during days. I approved the Pepin after getting the opinion of many brothers and doing research myself.

Everything looks good, and thanks for the puts. Sorry for the delays on my end. I trust your judgement, Jonesy - you could have just shipped it.

Side note, does anyone know how many Perdomo EdS's get released annually?

Sorry, I've worked the past 4 nights, been sleeping during days. I approved the Pepin after getting the opinion of many brothers and doing research myself.

Everything looks good, and thanks for the puts. Sorry for the delays on my end. I trust your judgement, Jonesy - you could have just shipped it.

Side note, does anyone know how many Perdomo EdS's get released annually?
I appreciate the confidence in me Jeff, but I didn't want to send it with the changes that had been made. Goes out first thing in the morning. Thanks again for having me Bro!

Propositions:
-T: CAO Odyssey/ P: CAO Soprano Tony Limited Edition
-T: Davidoff Culebra/ P: Stradivarius Lonsdale
-T: Casa Fuente Churchill/ P: Don Carlos 2005 GOF Robusto (and sorry, I looked at my GOFs, they have year bands, I'm retarded)
-T: La Aurora 100 Anos Churchill/ P: Graycliff Grand Cru Presidente
-T: La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero LTD A Oscuro (that broken one)/ P: Don Tomas Candela Churchill (from the rare "discovered 18 yr old leaves" lol, Jeff said he was looking for something funny for this one)
Chris

OK boys and girls, the pass is on it's way to DC. Thanks again for having me Jeff.

DC # 0103 8555 7493 7472 0587

CAO Odyssey --> CAO Soprano Tony Limited Edition

Don't see a problem. Is this one from my group buy?

Davidoff Culebra --> Stradivarius Lonsdale

Not familiar with how rare the Davidoff Culebra is, but the $ for $ end looks good. I have a feeling there might be a rarity issue, as I've never seen the Davidoff, but see the Stradivarius everywhere. Anyone know? Perhaps Jonesy has some insight?

Casa Fuente Churchill --> Don Carlos 2005 GOF Robusto

Unless I am mistaken MSRP on the Casa Fuente is $25 & MSRP on the GOF is $22.

La Aurora 100 Anos Churchill --> Graycliff Grand Cru Presidente

As I've said, if you can avoid putting an identical cigar, it is appreciated. If not, it's okay. As Jonesy mentioned to me in PM, I don't want to "hand-cuff" people on trades. As a side note -- I wonder how many people pulled the trigger on that CI deal? :laugh: Guilty here.

Broken La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero LTD A Oscuro --> 18 YEAR OLD Don Tomas Candela Churchill

If Brian left the broken one in the box, feel free to take it. And oh boy oh boy :D! I have a feeling that one making it back to me. LOL!!! :laugh: Have you smoked one? The Camacho candela is tolerable -- how's this one?

The Davidoff Special "C" culebra isn't too hard to find. I just typed it into Yahoo and got quite a few hits with the price being ~$30-$33 in most places. Like you pointed out, the only one I saw a problem with was the GoF Robo for the Casa Fuente Churchill. $22 is being generous for the GoF and the Casa Fuente has a little bit of rarity due to the fact you can only get it in Vegas. I would think it would take something along the lines of a Stanford's 90th, Padron 40th or 80th to take it.

On a side note, when I packed up the pass I forgot to put the folder back in so I overnighted it to you Chris without the need for signature in case you're not there. They said it would be there by 12 pm tomorrow.

I did leave the other LFD "A" in the pass, I just put one of mine in, in case someone wanted to try one.

Well cool, I didn't do as horribly in matching things up as I thought. Sorry, I couldn't find an MSRP guide for the Casa Fuentes and found a guy saying that they were $18 at the store? However, that was the corona gorda... would the GOF be a good trade if I replaced the casa churchill to a corona gorda one?
Input?
Chris