• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The girl in the window

I had to take some time to think, before i could post a reply to this story. Being a parent and grandparent i've known people who aren't good parents and should never have reproduced. How anyone could do to this little girl what they did is beyond comprehension. There's a special place in hell for the parents of this child, i'm appalled and beyond words.

i'M A LITTLE too pissed right now to post a choherent reply, but i have to agree with sacks' words. there IS a special place in hell for these people who are gfoverned to care for innocetns. I've seen too many dead chicldren to beigiin. Thanks Sack./

I had to take some time to think, before i could post a reply to this story. Being a parent and grandparent i've known people who aren't good parents and should never have reproduced. How anyone could do to this little girl what they did is beyond comprehension. There's a special place in hell for the parents of this child, i'm appalled and beyond words.

i'M A LITTLE too pissed right now to post a choherent reply, but i have to agree with sacks' words. there IS a special place in hell for these people who are gfoverned to care for innocetns. I've seen too many dead chicldren to beigiin. Thanks Sack./

Drunk Jon is the best Jon.

The story just about brought me to tears. Good thing I'm at work holding them back.
Heart wrenching.

Thank god the couple took that girl in so she can have somewhat of a life. God bless that family.

I feel a little bad for the mother, but why the Hell isn't she in jail? :angry: What kind of shitty ass justice system lets her off. And then she gets hurt and doesn't even do the community service... :rolleyes:

But the thing that really just sets me off, is the fact that child services was called TWICE and she wasn't taken then. How the Hell did that look normal? ???

I don't think I could ever have the bravery or the courage those foster parents have. God bless them.

I pray she recovers enough to get some joy out of life.

Miracles do happen and I pray God bestows one on that poor girl.

I don't think anyone can be ready to read something like that. I'm pretty shook up over it. Reading this make me mad about all the kids who fall through the cracks, the systems that seem to allow it, through neglect or a stupid ideal of "Keeping the family together no mater what". I'm also mad at the people who don't go above and beyond to fix the broken shit in the system. I admit I don't know every detail of all those visits child services made, regardless my natural reaction is that there were multi huge fuck-ups in the system and that child now has to pay, for the rest of her life.

The mother really is the source of my anger in this. Her apparent lack of any remorse is frightening. I don't care how high her IQ is.

I don't think anyone can be ready to read something like that. I'm pretty shook up over it. Reading this make me mad about all the kids who fall through the cracks, the systems that seem to allow it, through neglect or a stupid ideal of "Keeping the family together no mater what". I'm also mad at the people who don't go above and beyond to fix the broken shit in the system. I admit I don't know every detail of all those visits child services made, regardless my natural reaction is that there were multi huge fuck-ups in the system and that child now has to pay, for the rest of her life.

The mother really is the source of my anger in this. Her apparent lack of any remorse is frightening. I don't care how high her IQ is.

I guess I'm a bit better insulated to this than most. It happens, happened before and will happen again. Some states are better than others, but IMO, most are mismanaged and lack competent staff. Family Support that should have intervened here is operated at the county level and is funded at the state and federal levels. That mom should have been heavily supported from the beginning, but I'll bet you find a bureaucracy that mom couldn't comprehend, much less breach.

The mom's IQ is 67, far below what most consider functional. Family support in that county may or may not be broken, but you'll seldom find it that bad. Did environment shock this girl into disability? I don't think so. Given that both her brothers are low IQ as well, she is very likely not much different than she would be had she been in a family like mine.

My own daughter just turned 18, and is much like her, only a bit better behaved. She has the intellect of a 18 month old, but she enjoys life. She likes good food and loves the pool. She will never love a boy, but she loves her daddy. She'll never be able to go to the bathroom by herself, but she'll never, ever do housework. :rolleyes:

edit to add: I didn't mean to come in and shit on the thread. Its an important awareness (conservatives hate that word) thingie. I wanted to convey that this little girl will live the fullest life available to her - and so will my Stephanie.

WOW, that was something else I tell you. With me growing up with a best friends whos brother is autistic, I can totally understand what kind of hope and future her new parents are striving for. For me its that HOPE in the parents that bring out the best for children who have Disabilities like the one we just read. Im telling you her new parents are HERO to me. (if i knew the address of the where the family lived i would send them a card with a cigar for all the work and hope they provided for the child.) May god bless them.

When I was reading I was just stunned. I could not even imagine what she went through. But thank god for people who do great things to help her. Thanks for the story.