• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Glenlivet Nàdurra 16 year old

Elric

First time poster but long time reader of the forums, I love AVB's reviews. Has anyone here tried The Glenlivet Nàdurra 16 year old? I am looking for some valued opinions before I pull the trigger on a bottle.

Elric

First time poster but long time reader of the forums, I love AVB's reviews. Has anyone here tried The Glenlivet Nàdurra 16 year old? I am looking for some valued opinions before I pull the trigger on a bottle.

Elric

This is one of my current favorites :love: . I keep one open and one full bottle in the house at all times. I just love the sweet ginger spicy flavors from this dram. It's cask strength, which just adds another depth to it. I don't know what they charge for it in Austin, but it is around $55-$60 here...and worth every bloody cent. Try it. I think you'll like it.

I have this as well and agree that it is quite good, but at its price I will not be buying another bottle as there are many others I like more. The relationship to "standard" 12 y.o. Glenlivet is obvious in the flavor; Nadurra is like Glenlivet 12 on steroids, and lots of them. It has the same sweet, honey & nut flavors that dominate the 12, but in the Nadurra they're more of a base, an undercurrent, and not the dominant flavors. The dominant flavors are all fruit (apples, pears) and spice, with a bit of vanilla that pops up once in a while.

If you like Glenlivet 12, you will very likely adore this. If you don't, you won't. If, like me, you're fairly indifferent to Glenlivet 12 (i.e. I will drink it if there's nothing else, but it's far from my dram of choice), you probably won't think it's worth the bucks when you could spend about the same money and get a Macallan CS, A'bunadh, Laphroaig CS, Glenfarclas 105, etc.

Sounds good enough for the price, $53 in Austin before taxes. I wasn't wowed by the 12yo but it wasn't bad either. I am a fan of high proof liqour though, George T. Stagg is my favorite. Thanks for the responses.

Elric