• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Good Life

Maggs44

I have been in a piss poor mood lately, feeling sorry for myself etc... but while sitting on my patio this afternoon, I looked back on my day:

I slept late, had a nice breakfast while reading about the Brewers win streak; had a nice swim in my apts. indoor pool; had a long soak in the hot tub (boy does that help these old knees) and then finished with a nice sauna. On top of all that, the birds were singing, the flowers in bloom and in my hand was a ISOM Monty # 2

Life IS Good!

Bruce

Any day on this side of the dirt is a good day. Sounds like you had a terrific day. :thumbs:

Bruce,

Good to see the mood improved. :thumbs:

I too was 'good' at feeling sorry for myself.

But someone pointed out (many times) that there is always someone worse off than me. It must have stuck somewhere back in the grey matter, because now I truely believe that saying.

geldor1 said:
Bruce,

Good to see the mood improved. :thumbs:

I too was 'good' at feeling sorry for myself.

But someone pointed out (many times) that there is always someone worse off than me. It must have stuck somewhere back in the grey matter, because now I truely believe that saying.
I try to think that way when I'm down, and most of the time it works. I say to myself, "how bad can it be if you live in a great apt., smoke cuban cigars, have a car etc.."

Happy 4th to all... we sure have it great here in the U.S.A.

Bruce

It's always good to see that us Americans have it so much better than some third world country eating scraps out of the trash, living in a beaten up hut and forced to smoke ****ty machine made ceegars...... :D :sign: :p :sign: :D

Yeah, we do have it better here I suppose. As for you Bruce, you might have just a little better than most with your pinche (spanish cuss word) Monte #2. Now I'm feeling sorry for myself not only because I don't have a Monte #2, but because I have to go outside in this almost 110º weather to enjoy a smoke.
Robert ???

cigarsarge said:
Any day on this side of the dirt is a good day. Sounds like you had a terrific day. :thumbs:
Yep Sarge, it was a great day.

As for being on the this side of the dirt, even though Ive been around 50 years, I have never heard that saying before;but the very next day after reading your comment, someone at my 12 step meeting used the same expression when I spoke of my good day to him.

Bruce

Attitude is everything in life. It can make or break you. Every time you wake up on this side of the dirt it's another chance God has given you. :D

Only one comment about your post. Brewers? Win streak? What's up with that? How about those Pirates? They blew the Cards away last week and I think they have a 10 game win streak.

You forgot to mention that after a 10 game winning streak they are still in last place by 5 games :0 :p :p

AVB said:
You forgot to mention that after a 10 game winning streak they are still in last place by 5 games :0 :p :p
Sorry, :D :D :D and they are still under .500!

golfgar said:
Only one comment about your post. Brewers? Win streak? What's up with that? How about those Pirates? They blew the Cards away last week and I think they have a 10 game win streak.
Yeah, those Pirates :angry:

If the Brewers would have split with the Priates this year, they would be in first place in the TOUGHEST divison in baseball. Go figure, despite getting swept by Pitt the Brewers are only one game out of 3rd.