• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The gym and cigars

gkpk

Hi everyone

Just curious to see how many of you workout on a regular basis and occasionaly (or everyday) light up a fat one?
I've been working out on a regular basis for afew years now and just got into smoking stogies regularly (about 3 a week for now) for three months now.
Just want to know if it has any negative affects on your weightlifting or cardio.

Gerry

Great question. I work out 6 days a week and smoke 3-5 sticks a week. I've not noticed any problems yet.

I perform on the trumpet and am on a club sports team here at college (practices 4-7 times a week for a few hours.). No bad side affects yet.

:thumbs:

except that it is too cold to smoke or go to the gym now! :D

I used to smoke indoors, but now I only smoke outside so any second hadn smoke is carried away by the wind. When I smoked indoors, I noticed a difference.

This was at 1-2 cigars per day.

I workout 4 times a week, but only smoke about one stick a week(on average-usually none for a week or two at a time)....especially in this weather...I have notice no negative effects from cigar smoke...I have noticed a negative effect if I am unable to enjoy a good stick for too long!!! :D :D

gkpk said:
Hi everyone

Just curious to see how many of you workout on a regular basis and occasionaly (or everyday) light up a fat one?
I've been working out on a regular basis for afew years now and just got into smoking stogies regularly (about 3 a week for now) for three months now.
Just want to know if it has any negative affects on your weightlifting or cardio.

Gerry
I ran two marathons in 2001, and lifted weights 5 days a week, smoking cigars now and again. just don't smoke them before you go to the gym, otherwise your mouth will taste like (cigar) butt. I can't see how it'd affect your cardio at all.

Same here, I work out 6 times a week and smoke at least 3 stogies a day. No effect yet ( just that I get the craving to light another one!) :D

My gym doesn't allow cigar smoking. I lit one up my first time there while on the treadmill...but I guess they had some complaints. So after that I just waited till after my workout and lit up at the juice bar...but they didn't like that either(unfortunante because a Cohiba Robusto goes well with a strawberry smoothy.:)). Seems like you guys must workout at some open minded gyms....because I just can't seem to get one in at my health club. :(

:sign:

TheBeast said:
My gym doesn't allow cigar smoking. I lit one up my first time there while on the treadmill...but I guess they had some complaints. So after that I just waited till after my workout and lit up at the juice bar...but they didn't like that either(unfortunante because a Cohiba Robusto goes well with a strawberry smoothy.:)). Seems like you guys must workout at some open minded gyms....because I just can't seem to get one in at my health club. :(
Dude, get with it. That's not a cup holder on those exercise machines, it's an ashtray

Good question-I'm an infrequent smoker myself. I run about three miles a day on the treadmill at the gym. I smoke a stick about once every two weeks. Nothing beats lighting one up when your body is telling you it would like some relaxation from exercise. :D As far as I'm concerned, lighting one up and just enjoying the calm of the outside is just as "healthy" as relaxing in the sauna or steam room.

Yeah I hear ya....I tried smoking a cigar in the steam room...talk about an idea gone bad. :0

TheBeast said:
Seems like you guys must workout at some open minded gyms....because I just can't seem to get one in at my health club. :(
Hey Jeff, I think most of us are just commenting on any effect smoking cigars might have on your performance at the gym. I doubt there are many gyms that allow any kind of smoking!

The topic title was "The gym and cigars" I'm just keeping on topic.LMAO :D

Cigar smoking has not had any effect on my workouts. My cycle is one day cardio, one day weights, one day rest, then repeat.

4A

First Post on this BB :0

I agree I am a regular at the gym, I lift 3 days a week and do cardio the other 3 with a day off thrown in there at some point, I smoke about 2 cigars a week if that. I see no negative effects in breathing or anything like that at the gym.

Let me be the first to officially "Welcome" you RobustLB!!

This is a great place so I hope you'll stick around and get to know the crew here!!

Oh, back tpo topic, I don't work out in a gym at all, I got a helluva workout last year rebuilding the stone walls around my house!! For the first few days I was sore but it was great work and got me in great shape. Unfortunately with the onset of winter, I'm sittin' on my ass gettin' FAT again so fortunately there are many more stone walls to rebuild next year!

I smoke two to three cigars a day and suffer no ill effects from them nor did I notice any reduction in stamina or anything else when I was tossing rocks around last summer.

I typically light up a cigar in the afternoon in the car on the way home. Three times a week I work out with weights, cardio, and various machines. No complaints. Keeps me in shape, good blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. It becomes a part of my routine.

That's great news guys.
All positive comments,now i can sit back on my lazy boy and spark my stogie.
Thanks guys i feel much better.