• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The hardest thing Ive ever done!

Thanks for all your heartfelt replies guys.

Last couple days have been ruff.. I knew it was going to hurt, been talking to myself about it for over a year now, knowing the day would come.. I just wasnt ready for the emotional reaction. Last couple days the flash backs have been the worse. It's the small things. When I swing out of bed and he isnt there.. Coming home yesterday morning for the first time knowing he wasnt there. Every time your mind slips away. You go do something and get jerked heavy, because you flash on the dog. So much of your life is spent wrapped up in them.. You just dont realize it till there gone..

Crying like a baby again now.. One things for sure, loosing him has put me in another place.. I'm getting another dog and i'm going to get back into what I love. This time though I think I'm going to get a job handling a K9 and get out on the front lines. (even if it's just handling a fruit dog at the airport.) :D

I've been servicing the public , training other peoples dogs my whole life. Think I'll go another route this time. With my skill's in training and being able to get in tune with my animal, I'll be hell on wheels on the front line.. First thing I need is criminal justice degree to even be able to be looked at in this regard, I think. So I'll work on that first..
Already started shaking the tree, due to whats going on at work with the lay off's. Will be getting out to David Reavers place, in the next week or so. http://www.adlerhorst.com/ <==linky His place is right down the way. Man has half of Calif locked up in the police K9 industry and Ive never been out to meet him.. One step at a time and I'll get there...

Thanks again for all your replys

I am truly sorry for your loss. It really puts things into a new light for me because my smoking, drinking, napping buddy is getting on up in years and it is just a matter of time before I have to make the same decision you did.

I hope time heals your emotional wound and you find the same kind of companion soon.