• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Hidden Dangers of Cigars

Stogieguy's blog did a commentary on that very article awhile back.
Another thing that struck me as odd in this article is that they compare nicotine levels in the two... but do not make ANY attempt at comparing absorption rates and percentages... because although I'm not a doctor, I seriously doubt your mouth absorbs nicotine as effectively as say.... THE CAPILLARIES IN YOUR LUNGS!
Chris

That's precicely in line with my thoughts. I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that the average cigar contains much more nicotine than cigarettes do... but then the article goes on to state that the amount of nicotine absorbed by the body is far less than the average cigarette because cigarette smoke is inhaled.

Also notice the environment where they conducted the testing. A cigar gathering of some sort. A room saturated with cigar smoke, not a single person in a lab measurement setting.

OF COURSE IT'S BOGUS!! No one works for free. We live in an age where someone pays for a study, and pays for the study to support their own agenda. It's not new, it's not changing.

If only we lived in a world where personal character mattered, and gullible people were shot on sight.

42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot. (Thank you Steven Wright)

Obviously putting smoke in your mouth and around your lungs is not GOOD for you. Who doesn't know this by now?

It's about being informed and making intelligent, understandable decisions. So long as there is propaganda to be spread, there will be the other side doing it just as well.

I can't believe they try to compare cigarettes to cigars in regards to nicotine, as if I will be craving that next cigar first thing in the morning like I would with a cigarette.

Oh Damn! I had no idea. Well, everyone look for the sales as i liquidate my stock, now.

Oh Damn! I had no idea. Well, everyone look for the sales as i liquidate my stock, now.

I'm sorry, but due to new EPA regulations your cigars are now considered to be hazardous materials and must be disposed of in a manner fitting their dangerous status.

Luckily I am trained in the proper method of disposing of such dangerous materials and you may send them to me for prompt incineration. Of course I will send you a certificate of disposal once these toxic substances have been properly eradicated and no longer pose a public health risk. ;)

I'm sorry, but due to new EPA regulations your cigars are now considered to be hazardous materials and must be disposed of in a manner fitting their dangerous status.

Luckily I am trained in the proper method of disposing of such dangerous materials and you may send them to me for prompt incineration. Of course I will send you a certificate of disposal once these toxic substances have been properly eradicated and no longer pose a public health risk. ;)

Lemme guess... you'll send back the cigar bands eh?

Life is the number one cause of death.
So as long as I'm dying anyways, might as well enjoy a cold brew and a good smoke. :D

it was my understanding that the curing process of cigar tobacco destroyed all the nicotine because microbs devoured it. In other words cigars don't have any nicotine.

it was my understanding that the curing process of cigar tobacco destroyed all the nicotine because microbs devoured it. In other words cigars don't have any nicotine.

I can definitely say that isn't true, just smoke a Padron 80th and you'll feel it. Good thing nicotine content is irrelevant.

I think that anyone who decides to smoke, in this day and age, does so knowing the risks. I'm nearly 30 (I know ancient... ;)) and I've been bombarded with anti-smoking info since I was born. School starts telling you the risks in Kindergarten. Commercials are all over the TV (the primary babysitter for many children). There comes a point when you're making an informed decision, so just let me make it already. We know it isn't "healthy" for us, but most of us would probably agree that if we only did what was "healthy" we wouldn't really be living life, we'd just be alive.

Live each day as if it is your last, you never know when that day will come.