• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The kids new pet. . .

npedersen

My oldest daughter (4 year old) said she wanted a dragon, so I got her this-

100_1235-1.jpg

He's a Bearded Dragon I got from a guy at work that had to get rid of him. . . cool eh?

100_1238.jpg

edit: added grammer, and sorry for the size of the pics. . .

Nick

I've heard they're pretty great pets, pretty easy to take care of as far as reptiles go.

I want to get a chameleon, but they are so high maintenance, I'd be afraid I couldn't care for it properly.

I've heard they're pretty great pets, pretty easy to take care of as far as reptiles go.

I want to get a chameleon, but they are so high maintenance, I'd be afraid I couldn't care for it properly.

He is just like a dog, he stares at me to pet him and he is so gentle the 1 1/2 year old gives him kisses all the time without me ever worrying. I have a veiled chameleon also, yes they can be high maintenance, but I automated everything. Set the mister on a timer with the lights. I found AFTER I got him that you're not suppose to handle them that often, get a bearded dragon! He is a color morph, they can get pricey, but I would say it's worth it. . .

I just realized that I sound like one of those wierd reptile people. . . .LOL

Nick

lol I have 2 different types of Chameleons. Never thought I would be a reptile person yet here I am.

Great looking Dragon. They can be so much fun and have amazing personalities.

Nick, when my wife kicks me out for spending all our money on one of these, can I set up a tent for me, my dragon, and my humi in your back yard? :laugh:

After seeing this, I MUST have one of those!!!!

I've had bearded dragons in the past. Of all the reptiles I've owned, they have been my favorite. They have great personalties and are not nearly as high maintenance as some of the others.

Have fun!

I would be careful with them...my buddy had a very calm bearded dragon growing up, but if you do happen to upset him...there will be consequences that's for damn sure. One time my buddy picked him up and for whatever reason his bearded dragon got mad...and his spikes cut through his finger and the nail....no joke.

I had a pet Savanah monitor lizard for 7 years. Crocket, that was his name. I wouldn't let him around kids much, he had a killer bite. Savanah's are supposed to be one of the most tame reptiles. Which is/and isn't saying that much. You couldn't teach him to use a litter box, nor could you call him out from behind the couch. He was entertaining, especially for a college-aged kid. I had to hand him over to a friend after I went into the Peace Corps. He died a year later. He was a good buddy, but I would never get another one. Big lizards like that belong in the desert, not in some f'g cage.

BTW: Check out those links MC posted.

I started to make a reptile thread a while ago, but wasn't sure if anyone here had any. We have two Water Dragons.

I make sure the kids (and anyone else for that matter) washs thier hands before and after handling any of the reptile pets. People are exposed to salmanella (sp?) more often than they think, at the grocery store, eating fruits and vegetables, etc. Thanks for the links MiamiCubano. . .

And for Yojimbo, sure. . .what do ys got in the humi. . . :sign:
As with any of our pets, dogs included, there are rules when the kids are around them. I mostly have pets to teach the kids resposibilty and respect for other things. . . my little brother gowing up learned the hard way that even the nicest dog on earth will wake up with a mouth full of teeth if you hit him in the head with a rock while he takes his summer nap in the shade. . . 50 some stitches and mutiple trips to the plastic surgen to repair his face! Yikes. . .the beardie if the least of my worries :D

Nick