• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Last Herfer Standing Pass.....

Hello all,

Although I've not been officially notified, and I certainly have yet to receive the PIGEON, however, it appears that the Winds of Good Fortune for 2006 have blown my way! I normally don't win anything, so maybe 2006 will be my lucky year! YEEEHAAA!
(Note to self: BUY LOTTERY TICKET)

Thanks MELSKI and everyone else who participated in this, it was a lot of fun, and not just because I was the the LAST HERFER STANDING!

I'll try and post some pictures of the bounty when it arrives and then I'll need to forward the HOST bag on to you MELSKI! THANKS AGAIN ALL!

Package is on the way to the PO this morning. I just gotta stop by the Quickie Mart and buy a couple of boxes of Black and Milds so I can swap out all the choice smokes. I figure if I reglue all the bands and clip off those telltale mouthpieces, you won't even know!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A few housekeeping notes. I split the host bag into two bags so it will lay flatter in the plastic container. The lid goes on easier now. I noticed the numbers on a few of the cigars seem to be out of synch (the Punch Gran Puro in the tube is mis-numbered for example). You can figure it all out once you get the box and have all the cigars laid out.

The cardboard box has about had it, but it's only got one more trip to make.

This pigeon is about to take wings!

edit: Tracking # 0480 5401 4370 3201 6374

bresdogsr said:
:D Congrats Brew!! Happy New Year to All! Thanks Melski. Great pass :D
[snapback]269859[/snapback]​
Ditto! Ditto!! Ditto!!!

Hey Brew, can you post the final contents? I'm really curious what the final outcome was. Enjoy buddy!

- C

Hey BlueDragon - I touched it last and I'm pretty sure it was all Cherry flavored blunts and Black and Milds...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, it looked like some real choice sticks. I had my wife mail it for me and she noticed when she was packing it that it had a funny "tobacco" smell, so she added some pot-pourri to the plastic container. I mean, who doesn't like lilac? Right?

I didn't know being the 2nd runner up would be so much fun....

Hey, did I forget to mention that I put the package in my truck, but forgot to mail it and it got stolen? ha, ha, ha (see "The Gr8full She'll have my sorry tale pass" if you don't get the reference)

As it turns out, being 2nd runner up was pretty cool. I got my choice of all the cigars, Mel gave me two freebies (one cigar from each bag) as a consolation prize and I get to yank the chain of the big winner (at least until the box gets there...).

I'm having way to much fun! Seriously, I coughed up the extra $1.12 to send the box Express mail...that pigeon should land today!

Cheers,
Joe

Hey everyone, thanks for all the congratulatory comments and the smattering of B.S. :)

I'll be glad to post images of the final contents and list any corrections to the master list.

As far as the HOST BAG, I'll need MELSKI's OKEY DOKEY, before I would post his goodies. If it is OK with you MELSKI, let me know, it is no problem.

USPS went today, however, no PIGEON.

As of 2 minutes ago the:

Current Status

You entered 0480 5401 4370 3201 6374

There is no record of that item. If it was mailed recently, information may not yet be available. Please try again later.

I'm planning a bigger humidor for parking space for all these "Cherry flavored blunts and Black and Milds" They'll need some aging!
:p

DC number is confirmed. I still have the receipt so I can hassle the USPS from here if it doesn't show by this weekend.

Geez...this sucks. I am not getting my $1.12 worth, that's for sure!

Hang in there Brewmeister...Its gotta get there tomorrow!

Let me add my congrats to our winner and certainly a big THANK_YOUto all that participated. Y'all have made this a great pass. God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll do it again come September.

Joe, since you mentioned paying $1.12 extra I think you sent it Priority, not Express (guaranteed overnight delivery which would have cost about $22). Even when I was a mailman, Florida was a notorious state for slow delivery and slow processing. Hopefully, the pigeon will arrive Friday or Saturday.

That sounds right...the numbers were like $7 for regular, 4-day delivery, $8 for the next fastest (2-day delivery) and then a big jump into the $20 range for faster delivery. I went with the $8 option. Since I mailed it on Monday Jan 2 (using the self-server kiosk and drop-box right at the PO), I figure the box should have been on it's way first thing on the 3rd when they opened. Optimistically, I was hoping for a Wed delivery...Thursday delivery seemed very safe. Friday service isn't so stunning....if it gets delivered on Saturday, I really got rooked out of my $1.12! Or maybe it would have taken even longer if I hadn't coughed up the extra dough.

Honestly, I could care less about the buck, but it stinks that Brewmeister has to wait....Geez. I would have FedEx'd it had I known this....

Waiting for it to finally land is just as bad as watching all the other flights! And I'm out of it!

Waiting and watching....

Joe

HELLO ALL,

THE PIGEON HAS LANDED!

Will post pictures of my portion of the contents soon.
Some very nice smokes!
medium-smiley-064.gif

Melski, I'll be forwarding your awesome host bags and container ASAP.

Thanks again to all the Brothers Of The Leaf who participated!

Here you go Melski - got them turned around pronto!

Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7495 6789 9267

Thanks again,

Hello again all,

Here you go, as promised, the Pigeon BOUNTY
209214.gif
:

lhsp_bounty.jpg

Lots of sticks I've not seen before, always appreciate burning something new!
anti-old.gif

thankyou.gif

Back