• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The LEAF FUND

LOL... Do we still own ZAAP! You guys are killing me here! Just for sh!ts and grins, can anybody tell me what our portfolio looks like

What we own as of 8-25-2010?

How many shares of each stock?

and our cash balance?

Total FUND value?

Price per 1 share of LEAF FUND stock?

1. No clue
2. See # 1
3. One hundred million dollars
4. See # 3

Did I win?

Uhh...no.

;)

Ok so I see the majority of the LEAF FUND members are not following our portfolio with earnest. No prob! Here is what's been going on. Our account is through TDAmeritrade. The advanced anylazer has been down for well over a month now. I have been on their ass, and what they want to do is give us a 30 day free trade. Which is cool, but with out a tool to look at stocks I find it kinda mute to trade... right? In any event... if one of our members has a tool that is working... I think it is time to do some trading! We have been at a stand still and with 30 days to save approx $20 a full trade... we should use this to our advantage. Plus this is prime trading time. Please post some ideas of what to sell and what to buy. Thanks!

CPSL 12:57PM EDT 1.48 100 shares
GWDCQ.PK 100 shares
LVLT 1:55PM EDT 1.03 200 shares
SBLK 1:17PM EDT 2.85 100 shares
SIRI 1:54PM EDT 1.11 1000 shares
cash = $12.12

Well that sucks it has been down. One stock that I bought the other day was TIV. It might have a high risk but I think we will go higher from todays price. Also, I own SSN, I think we will go a lot higher from today's price.

We are again getting close to selling SIRI at $ 1.25. A couple more up days and we may get there. Fingers crossed.

If we find the door on SIRI, take another look at LVLT. From the Denver Business Journal

Level 3 Communications (LVLT) -- Rich Smith at The Motley Fool calls the Broomfield fiber webspinner a "Superball" stock, one that has fallen quite a bit from its 52-week high (43 percent) and yet scores high in Motley Fool's CAPS ratings, indicating a stock seen as having a high potential to outperform the S&P 500.

Remember Superballs? They bounce pretty darn high.

Read more: Bloggers boggled by Level 3, Western Union, UDR - Denver Business Journal

Sure hope you are correct Bruce. Holding onto my shares - hope to see $ 2.50/share some day. I think a company like GOOG should buy them for their fiber/high speed internet map.

OK fellahs... we have 10 free trade that expire on 10-29-10.

I say we take advantage and use them! We can take 500 shares of SIRI now it's above 1.25 We are going to bank the other 500 shares untill it hits buy point of 1.76. We need to get out of that chinese steel CPSL and that stupid dry shipper SBLK! It'll save us $20. That should give us about a grand to try and flip into a profit. Name some quick hit stocks you would like us to own for a couple of days!

I like LEI

I would definitely sell SIRI - I am really surprised it got back to 1.25 - should end around 1.30 today with the up pre-market activity.

I have been following GUKYF.PK - If it dips below $2.00 again, I think I will buy some.

As for your suggestion, I say go for it.

Ok boyz! We sold the 500 shares of SIRI at 1.26 Leaving us with 500. I hope it goes to 2.00 in the next 3 months!

We have 642.12 to invest. We need something short term. Anybody?

Share value is 25.4296. Not bad since it was like 11. something at one point!

I recommend 642 shares of WJBC--Wendy's Junior Bacon Cheeseburger.

Ok Wendy/Arby stock is on the table around 4.30 a share.

We also have GUKYF.PK if it falls to around $2

I like LEI

And we could short INAP as it falls below $3

You really want to short a stock? That is risky.

I would go with LEI - 250 shares and see what happens. JMO

You really want to short a stock? That is risky.

I would go with LEI - 250 shares and see what happens. JMO

Ahhhh... the voice of reason!!!
Glad you are aboard ROB!!!!

I hate useing my picks.... I feel totally responsible for most of our losses to date... I want it to be someone elses turn. We need a stock we can get in and get out with a few bucks... the trades are free..lets use em to make five dollars...LOL!!!!

I'm in RDN right now, the mortgage insurers have been seeing some positive action. I'm in it for the long term though, looking to get out at around $13/share.

I am in TIV at .60 I think we are going to go higher. Also, in SSN.

I am fine with LEI..

RDN up 9% today ;)

I know I'm not in the fund, but can't help posting when I call 'em right :laugh:

It figures we would sell some of the SIRI stock as it finally breaks through it's 52 week high!!!!

The Leaf Fund is now the proud owner of 300 shares of LEI. Purchased @ 1.95

Leaf Fund = 26.0482 per share