• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The LEAF FUND

Thanks Michael. For something I knew nothing about, this was certainly a learning experience for me. Thanks for doing this with such patience and not a lot of input from us Brother!

Package arrived safely. Thanks for doing this, Michael. I echo what Brian said.

I'm at camp this weekend. It's my little slice of Heaven on Earth. Can't think of a better place to light a cigar in honor of #1. Tonight around the camp fire.

So what are we doing next????? :D

Came home to find a little package on my door step. Nice selection. Thanks again for doing this Michael. :)

gtadroptop said:
Package arrived safely. Thanks for doing this, Michael. I echo what Brian said.

I'm at camp this weekend. It's my little slice of Heaven on Earth. Can't think of a better place to light a cigar in honor of #1. Tonight around the camp fire.

So what are we doing next? ???? :D
Well I'm thinking something along the lines offfffff.... everyone pitch in $20. And we will do parlays for this upcoming football season. There's what ... 16 weeks + Playoffs ? So we need 16 players.... everyone that puts in will be responsible for picking a 3 team parlay on a selected week. We'll pick the weeks by a draw out of a hat. If the week you pick... your bet loses... you send a 3 cigar package to the person that'll be picking the next weeks parlay. If you win the money goes into the playoff pot and you don't have to send out cigars. The pot will be added to until it's playoff time. How that'll work is ... we will divide the pot (IF THERE IS ONE) by the number of weeks leading up to the superbowl
The picks will be decided that playoff week ...by  everyone posting a team they think will win by covering of the spread. We'll pick the 2 teams that were chose the most by us players and play a parlay equal to the percentage of the pot we came up with with the division I mentioned earlier.   :-0 You asked!!!!! LOL!  I hope we don't need Sheldon from the BIG BANG THEORY to explain what I just said!

Package received, Michael.  Thanks a bunch.  It was a fun idea, but way ahead (or behind) it's time.  Either way, an end of an era here at CP.

Good luck on the NFL parlay...  it's way over my thick noggin'!  LOL!

stevehawk said:
Package received, Michael.  Thanks a bunch.  It was a fun idea, but way ahead (or behind) it's time.  Either way, an end of an era here at CP.

LOL... it was a joke... not to funny ... but a joke none the less...LOL!

drunkfish3 said:
sound cool but there are 17 weeks, i would be interested.
You're always game for my stupid a$$ ideas! Gotta luv ya for that!

Package received - thank you Michael.   I thought for sure we were going to be able to retire, but instead I will just enjoy these smokes and think about retirement. 

Thanks again for all your efforts.  

cookie_1978 said:
Package received - thank you Michael.   I thought for sure we were going to be able to retire, but instead I will just enjoy these smokes and think about retirement. 

Thanks again for all your efforts.  
Well I thought we would be able to buy more cigars than we could have by just pooling our money, or I would never have put this together. Instead ... we fed the corporate greed mongers and got less than half of what we could have purchased with a group buy. It was fun in the beginning... then the pressure of losing the members $$ with little input made me feel bad. At least we didn't go zero, which could easily have happened as well. What I can't believe is that there was little arguing and the experiment lasted for 5 years! I mean WOW! Another thing that touched me deeply, was that so many of you trusted me. That in it's self was such an honor. The last year when we were cashing out and I had so many personal problems that I didn't post for months at a time. Not one single person posted or sent me a message asking where their cigars were. NOT ONE! Amazing. Every single "Leaf Fund Member" was a top notch brother. I know half of you had forgotten about having a stake in our little go at the market, but that wouldn't have made a difference I believe. Anyways ... remember to enjoy one of the VR's in honor of our late brother INFINITY. I recommend "FATHERS DAY", so we all know we are torching one on the same day and all. But when ever you guys do it... just remember him, and blow a little smoke to the heavens for him to enjoy with you! Brian was so unselfish. I feel bad I forgot who it was that passed. That'll bother me for a long time. Anyways... I hope everybody's  packages arrive safe and sound. If anything weird should happen to anyones in transit.. let me know, I'll make it right. Thanks again.

I'd trust you with my Kids..............can I put all 4 of them on a plane tomorrow and you send them back in a month?

cohibasurfer said:

drunkfish3 said:

got my sticks thanks why the hell not its only money. 

Got my sticks as well, thanks!  Never had the El Originals, looking forward to them.

cohibasurfer said:

drunkfish3 said:

Like I said, I was at camp last weekend. Monday morning, I'm sitting at the kitchen table (gotta love civilized camping) drinking coffee and net surfing (we have wireless, it's REALLY civilized camping). Admittedly I was a more than a little fuzzy brained at the time. I sat there for a few minutes actually trying to figure your rules out. Got a good laugh once it penetrated bone that you were just joking. Nicely done!

*edited to add**

Forgot to mention - I did torch a cigar in #1's memory during a camp fire. Fathers Day sounds good for another one.

The eagle has landed. Thanks again Michael for doing this for so long and putting the final touches together!

Memories ... I used to have a blast on this BB. Football, baseball, basketball pools. Box splits. Blind trades. Bombs. Regular Trades. Gifting. Advice. Chain yanking. Ball Busting. I miss all you crazy cigar geeks. It always amazed me how a group of guys that didn't actually see each other developed real solid friendships. 99.9% of the members where trust worthy. Rod had a lot of patience with some of us :cool:. Anyway... I hope you all are doing well, and I hope to interact with all you guys again in some manner. And the list isn't just the guys that were in on this debacle lol. Or just the FOG's ... I hope to make some new friends. Anyway... SHOUT OUT TO MY LEAF FUND BROTHERS!!! Where ya at?