• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The LEAF FUND

I would like to join in, if you guys are willing!! As far as the market, it looks pretty scary! I say every member puts enough money in to buy a share each of NLY Annaly Capital, it is the only thing that is handling this market!! I bought NLY, GU and SGP about 2weeks ago and they are holding pretty well! Yesterday was hard on GU, but it will do well with the Olympic coming (Energy sector)

I would like to join in, if you guys are willing!! As far as the market, it looks pretty scary! I say every member puts enough money in to buy a share each of NLY Annaly Capital, it is the only thing that is handling this market!! I bought NLY, GU and SGP about 2weeks ago and they are holding pretty well! Yesterday was hard on GU, but it will do well with the Olympic coming (Energy sector)

What we would do would be to sell 25 shares at the LEAF FUND price per share. How we invest it would be a vote. Stocks would be nominated then voted on. The winners are then purchased.

NLY is a 20.00+ stock. That's well above the capital buying power we have. In fact all those you mentioned would be above our purchasing power. We have to take into account that we pay 10.00 a trade. Unless we have a 100 shares we will have a hard time meeting the commisions. We have all resided that we have to stay small cap, and mostly speculative. Yes that's why we are down a bit. But we are hangin' tuff.

I know you are small cap, but I thought if all the members wanted they could put 20in to NLY!! I know it is $$$, but they are the only fin. that is pulling in money!! Just my thoughts, let me know if you gents ever sell shares!! You are doing a great job, it is hard to make money in this market!

I know you are small cap, but I thought if all the members wanted they could put 20in to NLY!! I know it is $$$, but they are the only fin. that is pulling in money!! Just my thoughts, let me know if you gents ever sell shares!! You are doing a great job, it is hard to make money in this market!

Do you really think 15 shares would be productive?

Well around Jan 5 or so it was at 17 and change, now it is at 20 and change!! It is undervalued, so yeah it might be worth it!! But I am not a broker, we will just have to watch and see! What about AHT??

I'm motioning that we open up for 25 more shares at the end of the Quarter. That will be MAY 2nd 2008. The 2 weeks prior will be when confirmation of share buys will take place and be funded. On the close of the market day April 18th, that will be the per share cost. I'll expect all funds to be in my hands April 28th, 2008. I'll have them deposited by the 30th of April, 2008. Exsisting LEAF FUND members get first shot at 1 share. After that we open it up to new participants. In case there are more buyers than shares available, we will go by lowest member number.

Good?
Bad?

Another idea?

I'd like in.

you wrote earlier that share cost was xx.xxxxxx

can't we just issue another share for that price?

I've already got enough in my cash, joint and roth ira to keep track of, but I'd love to participate in getting some great cigars, or maybe we do well enough to buy out DPG or the Fuentes... lol

I am in agrrement with bruce and mike as long as mike is our defacto fund manager not someone else.

I am in agrrement with bruce and mike as long as mike is our defacto fund manager not someone else.

:) :thumbs:

Thanks bro!

And we will kick some a$$ before the quarter end my friend. Nobodies getting in for no $30. :cool:

I'm motioning that we open up for 25 more shares at the end of the Quarter. That will be MAY 2nd 2008. The 2 weeks prior will be when confirmation of share buys will take place and be funded. On the close of the market day April 18th, that will be the per share cost. I'll expect all funds to be in my hands April 28th, 2008. I'll have them deposited by the 30th of April, 2008. Exsisting LEAF FUND members get first shot at 1 share. After that we open it up to new participants. In case there are more buyers than shares available, we will go by lowest member number.

Good?
Bad?

Another idea?

Sounds good to me....more shares= more investment opportunities.
Rob

With Oil going up towards $97, our GBRC stock should go up. I think it's time to trade out, and buy back when it pulls back. What if it doesn't drop back down? Well... what, if it doesn't drop back down?

So can anyone tell me what news we are waiting for that should spike our coffee stock GWDC?

Huh.. Huh?

With Oil going up towards $97, our GBRC stock should go up. I think it's time to trade out, and buy back when it pulls back. What if it doesn't drop back down? Well... what, if it doesn't drop back down?

So can anyone tell me what news we are waiting for that should spike our coffee stock GWDC?
Huh.. Huh?

There's a question above that needs an aswer. The first person to correctly answer it will get a 1/4 lb. of the GWDC stock coffee beans.

I'll buy into more Mike - lets make it happen

:thumbs:
LVLT is approaching bargain basement.

You my friend are right!!!! I think we should get some.... rumor has it there are a load of $5.00 calls for March! This could single handedly be 1 box of nice cigars!!!! Or 2 boxes of ... Good cigars!!!! Or we could go broke!!!!! LOL. Anyways... buy the rumor... sell the news!

Huh.. Huh?

There's a question above that needs an aswer. The first person to correctly answer it will get a 1/4 lb. of the GWDC stock coffee beans.

Indeed, coffee prices in London commodity markets recently hit a 10-year high on news of falling output in Vietnam, a huge exporter of the Robusta strain of coffee bean.

I'll buy into more Mike - lets make it happen

:thumbs:
LVLT is approaching bargain basement.

You my friend are right!!!! I think we should get some.... rumor has it there are a load of $5.00 calls for March! This could single handedly be 1 box of nice cigars!!!! Or 2 boxes of ... Good cigars!!!! Or we could go broke!!!!! LOL. Anyways... buy the rumor... sell the news!

There is my answer on your coffee question. Also, I agree, I think it is time to buy LVLT.

Now lets see some positive news on zaap this week. Maybe we will hear they won their court battle with Chrysler.

Confusing post to read Rob, but I think I deciphered it.
Although that sounds like good news, there is some important news that is strickly connected with our stock. It is set to happen at the end of this month. At least that was the target date.
As for ZAAP, I didn't know they had a suit against Chrysler! I'm going to try and locate some info. ZAAP stock should already be back up in he mid .90's closing in on it's $1 shelf price with all the capital that was put in by the Arabs. Not to mention the bus deal with China.

Damn - that was a confusing post - how about this bit of news:

Growers Direct Shanghai Coffee Cafe to Open February 29, 2008

This should be good news for the stock. Lets just hope they drink gallons at a time :laugh: