• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The man in black is no longer with us

Swe-Mike

Just heard the heartbreaking news that the legend Johnny Cash has left this life, hopefully for an even better one. You will forever live in our hearts. Thank you soo much for everything that you have given us. :'(

Amen! Johnny Cash has and always will be one of my idols.

Let us not forget that we also lost John Ritter last night :(

Johnny Cash has always been my favorite musician. I was shocked when my wife told me that he had passed. :(

RIP for both.

Sam

(whose favorite John Ritter film was Skin Deep and loved Cash's version of "hurt")

I can say that i didnt know much about him until i heard his last album. The one with the covers and i must say that it was really good. I have seen him live hear in Sweden about 97 i think but then i didnt know who he was.

He's amazing... you should HIS stuff. It will literally knock you back to hear him tear into some his classics.

"I can say that i didnt know much about him until i heard his last album. The one with the covers and i must say that it was really good. I have seen him live hear in Sweden about 97 i think but then i didnt know who he was. "

OMG Azon! go online and get these songs. The Man In Black, Folsom Prison Blues, A Boy Named Sue, Ring of Fire, I Walk the Line. THOSE songs will tell you all you need to know about Johnny Cash. I really disliked the album you heard. His early stuff was great.

Ring of Fire is one of my all time fav songs. I collect every cover version I can find. I'm a big "Original Man in Black" fan. I'm also a big John Ritter fan. Did anyone see his performance in Sling Blade? I was looking forward to more from him :( Go easy bros....we'll mis you.

He will me missed. His music was before its time. I heard a little trivia about him today.

Why he wore black... For the Poor and down troddin<sp>

"Ring of Fire" was always the last song of the night played at the club I worked at this summer.

:(

growing up in a c&w household, i heard "the original
man in black" all the time.(isn't it funny how dale earnhardt
got that title from him? ;) ) i liked all his stuff, old and new.
i really liked his version of soundgarden's "rusty cage"
he transcended generations. he will be missed.

"i'll fly a starship...across the universe divide...and when i
reach the other side....i'll find a place to rest my spirit if i
can....perhaps i may become a highwayman again....or i
may simply be a single drop of rain....but i will remain....
and i'll be back again...and again...and again..and again...."
-johnny cash's part from "the highwayman"

gives ya goosebumps, huh?

Johnny was one of the best! The man lived a hard life and made the most of it :(
He will surely be missed :(

BenjieV :D

FlyGuy said:
OMG Azon! go online and get these songs. The Man In Black, Folsom Prison Blues, A Boy Named Sue, Ring of Fire, I Walk the Line. THOSE songs will tell you all you need to know about Johnny Cash. I really disliked the album you heard. His early stuff was great.
I will do that... i have dw The Folsom Prison Blues... it was good... i will come back later with some fare reviews ;)